Priceline Hotel: 4* Banff

nomadio
By nomadio,
in

I want to bid on a 4* in Banff for March 20 and 21. PRICELINE's regular price list shows the Banff Park Lodge as a 4*, available for $119. I don't want to stay there as it's not comparable to the other 4*s listed. I'm concerned that a bid might be accepted for BPL. Is this possible if I bid more than $119? Interestingly, on the HOTWIRE - Canada forum, BPL is shown as a 3*. BPL is also a 3* most everywhere else on the internet. Any help would be appreciated. Thank you.

Welcome to BetterBidding!

If you're going to use PRICELINE you need to be willing to accept any hotel in the zone at the star rating (or higher) that you select. It's recommended that you Don't Bid Higher For a Specific Hotel as yo could end up overpaying for the hote you really don't want.

If you're trying to target/avoid a particular hotel in a zone then HOTWIRE may be a better option if you're able to choose a hotel that doesn't match previous reports for the property you're trying to avoid, and even better, if the selection you're choosing shows an amenity that the hotel you're trying to avoid doesn't offer (ie- you choose a hotel with a Pool icon and the hotel you're trying to avoid doesn't have a pool)

Let us know how you'd like to proceed, along with the date(s) of your stay, and we'll take it from there.

Please use the PRICELINE and HOTWIRE links on the board to begin your travel purchases.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

The dates I am looking at are March 20 and 21, 2010. I agree that Hotwire would be the way to go here. Unfortunately, Hotwire has no 4* category for Banff for those dates. I definitely do not want to go 3* (or even 3 1/2 *) as there are certain Banff 3*s I would not stay at. Guess I'll just keep checking Hotwire to see if a 4* category shows up for those dates. Thanks for your help.

• 1 month later...
The dates I am looking at are March 20 and 21, 2010. I agree that Hotwire would be the way to go here. Unfortunately, Hotwire has no 4* category for Banff for those dates. I definitely do not want to go 3* (or even 3 1/2 *) as there are certain Banff 3*s I would not stay at. Guess I'll just keep checking Hotwire to see if a 4* category shows up for those dates. Thanks for your help.

Did you book this?

What did you end up with? I want to book a Banff 4* for this weekend and I can't believe the BPL is on the list? I would pay high if I knew it wasn't the BPL.

As per the following link, Banff Park Lodge is still rated 4* by PRICELINE. It has not yet been reported to the board thru the "name your own price" section of PRICELINE, but it should at least be considered a possibility.

If you're not willing to accept this property as a possibility, HOTWIRE may still be an option if you're able to identify the hotel offered before your purchase... or at least identify that the HOTWIRE property offered is not the Banff Park Lodge.

If you'd like further help with your this stay please start a NEW TOPIC.

Please use the PRICELINE and HOTWIRE links on the board to begin your travel purchases.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
EXCLUSIVELY at BetterBidding:
$15 OFF

PRICELINE COUPON

(click here) and use

promo code

: EXPLORER15

(Hotel Express Deals in USD $150+ purchase... expires 05/05/2024)
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]