Priceline Hotel: 3* Los Angeles(Redondo-Manhattan Beaches) Bidding Strategy request

mickcur
By mickcur,
in

I'm looking at staying at Redondo-Manhattan beaches area from 03/10/2010-03/12/2010.

I'd like to start bidding low from $45 with a maximum of $65. This is because I know I am likely to get the Crowne Plaza at Redondo Beach as an upgrade, which seems to get quite mixed reviews as well as having a high parking charge. At least that seems to be what has been happening lately. I understand there are 2 zones with lower than 3* (Culver City and Lawndale)

Thanks and regards,

Michael

I understand there are 2 zones with lower than 3* (Culver City and Lawndale)

Please doublecheck and confirm... Culver City is not a re-bid zone when bidding 3* in this area. To check your re-bid zones, are you using the technique outlined in Priceline Re-Bidding Explained?

Please use the PRICELINE and HOTWIRE links on the board to begin your travel purchases.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

If your goal is to win a hotel with free parking and breakfast and you don't require Residence Inn specifically, then I suggest bidding 2.5* or even 2* in Manhattan-Redondo rather than 3*, to improve your chances.

Bidding 2* you're open to a potential pool of seven hotels before getting upgraded to 3.5* with pay parking. Bidding 2.5* the potential pool is five hotels. But bidding 3* the potential pool is only two hotels and an upgrade becomes more likely.

You can look at reviews of the 2.5* and 2* and see if those hotels would work for you. I stayed at the 2* Towneplace Suites last month and thought they were on a par with the 3* Residence Inn.

I got 'upgraded' from 2.5* to the dreaded 3.5* Crowne Plaza a couple of days back.

It would be appreciated if you started a NEW TOPIC to share your win, and your future wins, with the board so that the information can best help other users.

Please use the PRICELINE and HOTWIRE links on the board to begin your travel purchases.

Thanks.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]