Priceline Hotel: Quebec City Hotels

VenomZeus
By VenomZeus,
in

Hey,

I'm planning to go to QC on FEB 22-24 and would like to know how I should bid. I read some different reviews on the 2 and 3 star hotels and they are usually decent although I am really confused to their information about the hotels being too far away from the main attractions. I want the cheapest price available to the 2 or 3 star hotels and if anyone knows if they are all located pretty near the bus/train station by walking distance.

Thereyouare you helped me in the summer when I went to the Sheraton Hotel in Toronto, hopefully you can help me again.

:)

I was also wondering if those priceline bonus money discounts were still being sent in random emails? I haven't had one yet. :)

Good to see you around the board again!

There is a 3* available on HOTWIRE believed to be the Comfort Inn for $46/nite, so i think that should be the 'rate to beat'.

When bidding 3* you have 2 re-bid zones available, no re-bid zones available at the 2* level. If you need a refresher on re-bids you can read this thread PRICELINE re BIDDING and ask any questions you may have.

This is how i would proceed, although the strategy below bids a little higher for 3* vs a 2* since i believe there is a large jump in quality between the two star ratings... if bottom line price is most important than post back and we'll revise accordingly.

Select 3* Quebec City and

Bid $35, if rejected add re-bid zone and....

Bid $39, if rejected add re-bid zone and....

Bid $43.

If rejected close that browser and re-access priceline however you did previously.

Select 3* Quebec City and bid $34.

If that is rejected, i would take the 3 star on HOTWIRE.

Any questions feel free to ask, let us know how it goes.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

I read some different reviews on the 2 and 3 star hotels and they are usually decent although I am really confused to their information about the hotels being too far away from the main attractions. I want the cheapest price available to the 2 or 3 star hotels and if anyone knows if they are all located pretty near the bus/train station by walking distance.

Last time I stayed at Delta Quebec on Boul. Rene-Levesque Est which has a pretty good location. It is about 10 to 15 minutes walk to Vieux-Quebec, Citadel, and other main attractions. Hilton is also on the same street and is just two steps away from Delta .

Both hotels are about 5 minutes away from the VIA station by car.

Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
EXCLUSIVELY at BetterBidding:
$15 OFF

PRICELINE COUPON

(click here) and use

promo code

: EXPLORER15

(Hotel Express Deals in USD $150+ purchase... expires 05/05/2024)
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]