Hotwire Hotel: Seeking Advice

stevepdx
By stevepdx,
in

I am a first time user of this cool site, and have enjoyed reading the "pinned" pages. Right now I would lean towards using HW, as it appears to give a lot more control of hotel choice in exchange for a small to medium increase in price. We have theater tix for 2/3 nights, so would like to be either in Times Sq or nearby MTE. Right now I see what appears to be The Muse 4 1/2* for $204 in Times Sq, and what appears to be the IC Barclay 4* $158 in MTE. These seem like pretty good rates. I can either snap one up now, or maybe get a fully refundable backup and wait a while. I checked The Muse website and can book there for $225. The reason I am leaning away from PL is that some of the 4* hotels didn't look to great when I read about them in Tripadvisor. Any advice is greatly appreciated.

Welcome to BetterBidding!

That is a good deal for the Inter-Continental and a substantial discount from their website rate... offering a much better value than The Muse.

Here are a few other ideas within the prices you mention above:

Grand Hyatt at $199/nite

W Times Square at $199/nite

Westin Essex House at $199/nite

I'll also add the follwing 'curve ball'... we usually don't recommend visitors to the city stay downtown, but the Ritz Carlton Battery Park is available for $189/nite!! If i were in your shoes i might consider it as well in order to experience a stay at an RC... my course of action would probably be to split my stay so that i could experience a Ritz Carlton for at least one nite and then stay more central the other nites (but others may not be willing to split their stay)

Please use this board's link if you decide to go with HOTWIRE.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

I'm assuming you use Norton Internet Security? If so, turn it off.

You can also hit QUOTE (as if you were replying to the above message) and you'll see all the links there... copy and paste them into another browser. If that doesn't work (or just another option) is to select each hotel from the drop down list (look for each hotel in both the left drop down and the right drop down menus) in our Search Tool.

The rate is offered thru the link above, which Norton (or some other blocking software) doesn't think you should want to see :)

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

You are a wealth of information. Yes, the block was due to Norton Internet Security, easily solved by disabling it. I installed this recently and have mixed feelings about it. Sometimes it seems like overkill.

The good news is I just booked the IC Barclay for $158! Amenities as listed in the hotel list, booked through the link. I'm very happy with this deal, and the process was fun. Our daughter is a college student in NYC so I expect we will be there a couple of times a year. Good to know about this website and I will be using again.

Thanks, and Go Blue!

Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
EXCLUSIVELY at BetterBidding:
$15 OFF

PRICELINE COUPON

(click here) and use

promo code

: EXPLORER15

(Hotel Express Deals in USD $150+ purchase... expires 05/05/2024)
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]