Priceline Hotel: 3* New Haven Courtyard at Yale

Geoffrey123
By Geoffrey123,
in

New Haven used to be the best place to use PRICELINE. The Omni was the only 4* hotel in the area, so you always knew exactly what you were bidding on, and excellent offers were frequently accepted. I just saw that the Omni was downgraded recently to a 3*. This places it in a category with the Courtyard Marriott in New Haven, as well as the Holiday Inn in North Haven and the Clarion in Hamden. This is very bad news for priceline users. I can't imagine why the Omni would be downgraded, as it's far and away a better hotel than the others in the area. Only reason I can think of is to prevent the PRICELINE success that was so easy in New Haven. Stinks.

• 2 weeks later...

I have not stayed at the New Haven Omni, but I will say that the Marriott Courtyard at Yale is very nice. The rooms have all been renovated, it's very clean, neat, comfortable beds and nice linens, two complimentary bottles of Poland Springs water, large flat screen tvs, etc... I could go on and on how comfortable the rooms are, especially for the PRICELINE price. You do have to pay $15 per night for parking. But overall, it's a great deal.

• 4 weeks later...

The problem is you're in the middle of a run-down neighborhood. The plethora of auto repair shops, hair salons and the fast food restaurant across the street (which seems to be the area's #1 hangout for the locals) are a dead giveaway.

Is it that the Omni was downgraded to a 3 star, or is it that the Omni New Haven is no longer offering rooms through PRICELINE?

Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
EXCLUSIVELY at BetterBidding:
$15 OFF

PRICELINE COUPON

(click here) and use

promo code

: EXPLORER15

(Hotel Express Deals in USD $150+ purchase... expires 05/05/2024)
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]