Hotwire Hotel: 4.5* San Francisco (USW) Pan Pacific

CrankiestOne
By CrankiestOne,
in

I've reviewed the hotel lists and postings, and found a 4.5* hotel in USW zone for $86. The only details are restaurant, fitness center, business center and a "best value" icon. Am I missing additional hotel amenities somewhere? The rate for this listing is the same as the rate for a 4* USE; aside from getting a great deal at a great hotel, I'd like to be close to the cable line.

Any comments would be greatly appreciated!

Yep, sorry about that Las Vegas posting. Followed up Vegas with a quick trip to the Bahamas, and am still recovering! :)

From reading the other posts, it looks like the 4.5* USW hotels are the Clift or Pan Pacific. We are planning to be in SF 3/26-3/29 and 3/31-4/2 (leaving mid-week to see some other sites). We plan to use public transportation, thus the desire to be close to the cable car lines.

Any assistance you can provide is most welcome. I am equipped on this end with a AAA guidebook and San Fran map!

I'm not 100% certain that i understand your next step... are the two HOTWIRE properties mentioned above not close to the cable cars and you're looking for other alternatives?

If so, maybe somebody local to the area could mention a few hotels that are convenient to the cable cars. What about the USE zone... that seems to be a bit more popular than the USW zone.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

My bad. There is a 4.5* USW Hotwire property listed at (now) $89 (restaurant/business ctr/fitness ctr/best value). From reading the other posts, I gather it's likely either the Clift or Pan Pacific.

There is also a 4* Emb property listed at $104 (restaurant/fitness/business/hi-spd internet/customer favorite). Reviews include comment: "On my recent trip to California I used Hotwire to find accommodations at 3 different travel stops. While I was more than satisfied with each hotel, this one was EXCEPTIONAL! The views of the bay from the room were beautiful. The staff was helpful and pretty much everything was great. It would have been worth every penny at the retail rate. I could recommend this hotel to anyone." Looks like it might be the Hyatt.

I was trying to avoid USE because of the posts about the room quality at the Westin; it appears the Westin is coming up a lot lately, and I really don't want to be in an old, small room.

In looking at the map, all three of the above-listed hotels appear to be close to cable lines, with the Clift and PP closer to Union Square. I need two rooms since I'm traveling with my fiancee and teenager. In the end, I suppose I'm looking for advice on these properties. Leaning towards the 4.5* USW for slight savings and closer proximity to USquare.

I booked the following:

4.5* USW

Amenities: business center, fitness center and restaurant; "Best Value"

Pan Pacific

3/26/5-3/29/5

2 room(s) @ $89.00 per night x 3 night(s) $534.00

Taxes and fees: $76.95

Hotel Subtotal $610.95

I could not differentiate between the Pan and Clift, but both were in close proximity to Union Square and both looked like nice places. After my last post, I couldn't get this 4.5* USW to come up for less than $100, and more like $140-$145. I will begin my search for 3/31-4/2 and post the results.

Thanks again for the help and the site!!!

Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
EXCLUSIVELY at BetterBidding:
$15 OFF

PRICELINE COUPON

(click here) and use

promo code

: EXPLORER15

(Hotel Express Deals in USD $150+ purchase... expires 05/05/2024)
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]