Priceline Hotel: 1 month stay. Any chance of hotels for about $2000?

MarkusWeiss
By MarkusWeiss,
in

Hi all! Very nice forum you have here!

Me and my wife are thinking in going to NY in may-jun (very flexible) and we would like to stay for 25/30 days. We have a few 1br 1month rentals offers that cost about $2000 all in. I would like to know if there is any chance of getting a decent hotel room for that budget. I've seen many people who get 3 o 4 nights for less than $80 each, and I was thinking that perhaps there are hotels with a occupancy rate below say 80% that would find interesting to rent a room an entire month paid in advance for +-$2000. I somehow think that a hotel could be easier to live in for a couple that would use it for bathing and sleeping only.

A little more info:

We can change the arrive date so to obtain better deals

We would prefer not to be in Harlem because most of the time we'll be around TriBeCa.

This is our first trip to NY

I can pay cash or plastic, whatever is best

We can stay a few days more or left if that makes any difference to the hotel/rental deal

A private bathroom is a must, but not really a dealbreaker

Internet is needed, although I guess I can buy a 1-month 3G USB modem (can I?)

We left April out because of the weather, but we don't really know if it's that cold

I would like your opinion and any, any tips you'd like to share with me.

Thanks in advance!!!!

Markus

Not sure what you're minimum star rating would be, but unless you bid for a very low star level/budget property (which i don't recommend) i think your chances are fairly low (probably low even if you bid a low star level as well)

With NYC hotel taxes at 14.5%, $2000 all-in for 30 days come to about $58/nite... less any PRICELINE / HOTWIRE fee, which is not a high probability bet for NYC. You can certainly try, but i'd say your chances of success are low, especially given that Spring time has higher than usual prices in NYC ('low-season' is summer and winter)

Please use the PRICELINE and HOTWIRE links on the board to begin your travel purchases.

Let us know if/who you'd like to proceed and we'll advise accordingly.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

• 3 weeks later...

OK! I've returned. Sorry for the delay.

Based on what you have adviced me, I've changed my mind. Now I am looking for a 15 days stay. I still have the $2.000 budget. What are my chances now?

I think that Priceline neither Hotwire are really good for that many days in a row, but much more useful for, say, 2 or 3 days/Hotel. Am I right?

Should I have to change places every few days?

How should I plan my new 15-days need?

Thanks again!!!!

I would start by using 'rolling 15 day periods' (ie- 5/1-5/16, 5/2-5/17, 5/3-5/18, etc, etc) and search HOTWIRE to see if anything appears close to your budget (say ~$125 or less). Take note if rates on any particular date range(s) are less expensive than others as these would be your better nites to try bidding on.

You could also break your stay into smaller segments and search HOTWIRE for 4-5 nite stays to see if pricing improves, however, i wouldn't want to change hotels every 2-3 days on a 2 week stay... but perhaps you'd view it more of an adventure.

Please use the PRICELINE and HOTWIRE links on the board to begin your travel purchases... and your searches too!

Let us know what you find and we'll take it from there.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
EXCLUSIVELY at BetterBidding:
$15 OFF

PRICELINE COUPON

(click here) and use

promo code

: EXPLORER15

(Hotel Express Deals in USD $150+ purchase... expires 05/05/2024)
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]