Priceline Hotel: bidding strategy, 1/29-2/1, 4* MTE

celedon
By celedon,
in

Two friends are looking for a hotel for 1/29 to 2/1. Their target limit is $125. I'm thinking MTE to avoid the frenzy of Times Square. I noticed a recent successful bid at the Waldorf Astoria around the same date. I understand that you can't bid specific hotels or avoid others. If left to my own devices I would bid the same price with my friends dates, but I seek, somewhat anxiously, your very good advice.(It's one thing to mess up your own trip but it's another thing to mess up a friend's) As you will notice this is not very far off. What might be the implications of this? Is it possible to be totally stuck with a smoking room?

Is it important for your friends to avoid the Times Square area? Most users choose MTE, MTW, and UM/CPS which better their chances of getting the lowest price for a room. Of course, if you're friends don't want to stay in one of the other zone then they shouldn't bid them, but being willing to accept multiple zones gives you a better chance for the best price.

Let us know if MTE is the only zone they're willing to accept or if the other zones are fine as well as we'll supply an appropriate strategy. Also, let us know if they have a maximum bid in mind.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

Select 4* MTW and

Bid $100, if rejected add MTE and...

Bid $105, if rejected add re-bid zone1 and...

Bid $110

If rejected clsoe browser and reaccess priceline however you did prevously.

Select 4* MTE, MTW, and UM/CPS

Bid $115, if rejected add re-bid zone1 and...

Bid $120, if rejected add re-bid zone2 and...

Bid $125.

Any questions feel free to ask.

Wish them luck and please let us know how it goes.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

I'm trying to get the hang of bidding strategy so one day I can take the training wheels off. Can you explain the two strategies a bit. I'm guessing you may be thiniking that because of the short deadline the main objective is to get a room! And that MTW is the best bet. Maybe.

Hope I'm not asking too much. Much obliged.

You can't typically just close the browser and try again, but if you follow the zones exactly as described above none of the bids would be kicked back as being duplicates. The above scenario is not two separate strategies, but rather one strategy to get a hotel at the best price.

I'd think the Hilton NY would be a possible MTW acceptance, more likely than the Hilton Times Square (which is a different hotel).

The strategy above was taking into accont that "My friends are ok with bidding MTE, UM-CPS, MTW...", is that no longer the case?

How about the Beekman Towers in the MTE zone, $119/nite for a 1BR suite.

It's a bit east, but if they want a place 'away from the hustle of Times Square' this could be a nice sanctuary. It's within their desired budget and the REVIEWS are very good. (please have them use THIS LINK to make their purchse if they go with this property)

Thank you Thereyouare! They are booked through the link you gave. The village where my friend lives, outside Halifax, is closed after the third blizzard in a week. My friend trekked to her husband's office to see the hotel on the computer, found she had brought the wrong credit card, trekked back to get the right card. But we're all done on this one! She's happy. I'm happy.

I'm taking my niece to NY some time this month so I threaten to return to the most excellent betterbidding.com.

Thanks again.

Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
EXCLUSIVELY at BetterBidding:
$15 OFF

PRICELINE COUPON

(click here) and use

promo code

: EXPLORER15

(Hotel Express Deals in USD $150+ purchase... expires 05/05/2024)
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]