Priceline Hotel: Zones for tourists in NYC

lindaz
By lindaz,
in

My husband and I will be traveling to NYC for the first time as a couple, years (and years) ago we had each been there for a visit or two but can be considered essentially first-timers. Although the primary purpose of the trip is a mom visit, my son is a Brooklyn Law School student, we prefer to stay in Manhattan to be tourists. What Priceline zones are recommended?

I presently have a reservation which can be canceled at the Affinia Manhattan, one bedroom suite, $159/night for May 19 through 23. I'm thinking this is a good price but am open to lower if possible for May. I also need to know if you consider this a recommended zone for tourists. It's worth a little more money to be closer to the subway--it looks like the Affinia is very close to it--or to go to four stars if that makes just enough difference for guaranteed cleanliness and bed comfort. The Affinia has predominantly good reviews on TripAdvisor but there are always the nay-sayers who plant doubt.

Finally, thank you for this site. I've been a lurker, advice-follower (directed to Donovan House in DC for opening rates at your recommendation) and link-user (above for PRICELINE) for years and this is my first post.

Welcome (officially) to BetterBidding!

We're glad the information on the board has been helpful to you in the past, we hope that going forward to you begin to share your results with the board so that the information can help others, just as the results of others have helped you with your own purchases.

The $159 rate you have for a 1BR suite looks pretty good for these dates. I would likely try for a 4* hotel in the MTE, MTW, CPS, TS, and ESB zones to see if you can get a higher rated hotel for a similar rate. If unsuccessful, HOTWIRE has a 3.5* hotel in the MTE zone for $119/nite, which i'm guessing is either the Roosevelt or the Tudor Hotel, so you'd then need to make a decision of the location/quality of either of these hotels is worth the $40/nite savings (over $150 over a 4 nite stay)

Let us know if you want to first try for a 4* hotel in the zone(s) above (if there are any zones you don't want to bid let us know) and we'll suggest a strategy for you to follow.

Please use the PRICELINE and HOTWIRE links on the board to begin your travel purchases.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
EXCLUSIVELY at BetterBidding:
$15 OFF

PRICELINE COUPON

(click here) and use

promo code

: EXPLORER15

(Hotel Express Deals in USD $150+ purchase... expires 05/05/2024)
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]