TX Austin Crowne Plaza North Centreal IH-35

arhubs
By arhubs,
in

This property is a little bit on the run-down/shabby side. The decor is old, dark and crusty. Rooms aren't bad---old tv, nice enough bath, mini-fridge included. Bed was comfy. Good location and a mall and several restaurants nearby, but tricky to walk to at this intersection of freeways.

Definitely got a "priceline room", right next to the elevator mechanicals. Also, front desk agent mentioned priceline at least 3 times upon check-in, including a comment that PL always sticks you in smoking rooms by default.

Took one out of two showers with cold water. This is a recurring theme with CP. That's just not acceptable for a hotel chain.

• 8 months later...

Arhubs is correct

- Rundown/shabby side - Yes

- Old TV - Yes (I'm not sure I had a remote in my room)

- Nice enough bath - True (I didn't run out of hot water)

- Bed was very comfy

I definitely got a "Hotwire Room" and I too was right next to elevator mechanicals. The front desk also mentioned Hotwire many times with me.

Front desk asked if I prefer smoking or non and King or 2 doubles. I replied non-smoking and King. I got SMOKING and 2 doubles. It is obvious they do not like their Hotwire and Priceline customers.

Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]