Priceline Hotel: 3.5* New Orleans (French Quarter) Astor Crowne Plaza

wallbounce
By wallbounce,
in

I'm trying to book 2 rooms:

• 5/14/10 - 5/16/10 (2 nights) for 4 people
  • 5/14/10 - 5/17/10 (3 nights) for 4 people

Ideally, both rooms would be in the same hotel the first 2 nights. I tried to use Priceline to get 3.5* hotels for close to $100 but had no luck for any combination of these dates. I thought it would be safer to use Hotwire.

When searching 5/14-5/16 (2 rooms):

3.5* $144 - fitness, pool, restaurant, business center, laundry

Astor Crowne Plaza?

3* $103 - boutique, pool, restaurant, laundry, internet

Holiday Inn Chateau Lemoyne?

When searching 5/16-5/17:

3* $59 - pool, restaurant, laundry, internet

Holiday Inn French Quarter?

When searching 5/14-5/17:

3.5* $145 - fitness, pool, restaurant, business center, laundry

Astor Crowne Plaza?

3* $94 - boutique, pool, restaurant, laundry, internet

Would someone confirm or correct me on these hotels? Also, would anyone know the difference between the Holiday Inn Chateau Leymone and Holiday Inn French Quarter? Thanks in advance!

I'm trying to book 2 rooms:

• 5/14/10 - 5/16/10 (2 nights) for 4 people
  • 5/14/10 - 5/17/10 (3 nights) for 4 people

Ideally, both rooms would be in the same hotel the first 2 nights. I tried to use Priceline to get 3.5* hotels for close to $100 but had no luck for any combination of these dates.

My last several bids were not accepted:

5/14-5/16 $70-85

5/14-5/17 $75-95

5/14-5/16 $90-105

5/14-5/16 $100-120

Using Hotwire 3.5* for $144 as a reference price, I figure that I may need to bid up to $140 to get a 3.5* hotel in French Quarter.

Are 3* hotels safe and clean in this area? Our group is all-female, and we're more concerned about safety and cleanliness so if we have to pay $144, then we will. Does anyone have suggestions for getting $100-120?

Thanks in advance!

On PRICELINE the Bourbon Orleans is rated 3.5* while the Chateau Bourbon (Wyndham) is 3* rated.

When searching 5/14-5/16 (2 rooms):

3.5* $144 - fitness, pool, restaurant, business center, laundry

Astor Crowne Plaza?

3* $103 - boutique, pool, restaurant, laundry, internet

Agree with both guesses.
When searching 5/16-5/17:

3* $59 - pool, restaurant, laundry, internet

Holiday Inn French Quarter?

Best guess is that this could be either the Holiday Inn French Quarter or the Holiday Inn Chateau Lemoyne, as both have been seen with this amenity combination.
When searching 5/14-5/17:

3.5* $145 - fitness, pool, restaurant, business center, laundry

Astor Crowne Plaza?

3* $94 - boutique, pool, restaurant, laundry, internet

Agree.

The Holiday Inn Chateau Lemoyne generally gets better reviews than the Holiday Inn French Quarter. The Quarter "is what it is"... is a place centered around drinking and partying and i didn't necessarily get a "clean" feeling from the area. The police generally have a pretty good presence in the area, but they can't be everywhere... so i would use as much caution as you typically would in any large city. Given that there are almost always people around, i would feel safer in the Quarter than walking back to a hotel outside of the Quarter where the streets might be a bit more deserted.

Please use the PRICELINE and HOTWIRE links on the board to begin your travel purchases.

Please use the PRICELINE and HOTWIRE links on the board to begin your travel purchases.

Let us know what you decide and how it goes or if we can be of further help.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

On PRICELINE the Bourbon Orleans is rated 3.5* while the Chateau Bourbon (Wyndham) is 3* rated.
Ok, got it on the different star rating. My question was primarily regarding the hotel names.

3.5* Bourbon Orleans a Wyndham Hotel <--Bourbon Orleans is not a Wyndham Hotel

3* Chateau Bourbon <-- this one is a Wyndham Hotel

Of course!
Let us know what you decide and how it goes or if we can be of further help.
I used PRICELINE and got 3.5* Astor Crowne Plaza for $130 and 3* Holiday Inn French Quarter for $45. HOTWIRE had these for $144 and $59, respectively. I will include details in my posts for each win.

I checked the Astor Crowne Plaza direct site, and they charge an extra $20 each for the 3rd and 4th person. Hotwire's $144 price was specifically for 4 guests/room, but Priceline doesn't allow me to indicate number of guests. Did I make a mistake in booking Astor Crowne Plaza on PRICELINE? Would I need to pay $40 on top of my Priceline $130 rate? :)

I used this PRICELINE link for my bid.

DAY ONE

Bids for 4* in French Quarter were rejected. Seeing that HOTWIRE had no 4* available and a 3.5* in French Quarter for $144, I realized that I couldn't get a 4* close to $100-120.

DAY TWO

I went after 3.5* in French Quarter. After multiple re-bidding sessions, highest bid of $120 was rejected.

DAY THREE

Bid $110 on French Quarter 3.5* - rejected

Re-bid $120 by adding MSY Airport - rejected

Re-bid $130 by adding NO West Bank - ACCEPTED

ASTOR CROWNE PLAZA

Room Cost (avg. per room, per night): $130.00

Number of Rooms: 2

Number of Nights: 2

Room Subtotal: $520.00

Taxes and Fees: $94.44

Total Room Cost: $614.44

Thanks, betterbidding.com!

Congratulations on your success!

Thanks for pointing out the hotel name problem in the Hotwire Hotel List... i have fixed the issue.

Regarding your reservation, PRICELINE only guarantees double occupancy, after that it's at the discretion of the hotel... you could receive a room with only one bed. If they are able to accomodate your request for a room with 2 beds, they could charge extra. Best course of action at this time is to just call the hotel and ask what type or room has been assigned and if a room with only one bed, ask if a request can be noted that you would like to have one with two beds. If they won't, ask if you can pay for an upgrade to a room with two beds, and ask the additional cost.

Thank you for sharing your results with the board and using our HOTWIRE link to begin your purchase.

Enjoy your stay.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

• 3 months later...

Just following up to let everyone know that our stay at Astor Crowne Plaza was enjoyable. We called ahead of time to reserve two beds in each room and were able to secure this with early check-in on arrival date. We received our first room key at noon. When we asked for the rooms to be near each other, Reception assigned the adjacent room, which was ready at the regular 4pm check-in time. The hotel was busy enough that they didn't bother taking notice of our four guests per room. They even allowed us to have more than two keys per room when we left secondary guest names with Reception. Each room was fully stocked with four sets of towels, and we didn't have to pay any additional fees. They also allowed late check-out until 2pm without charge. Thanks!

Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
EXCLUSIVELY at BetterBidding:
$15 OFF

PRICELINE COUPON

(click here) and use

promo code

: EXPLORER15

(Hotel Express Deals in USD $150+ purchase... expires 05/05/2024)
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]