Priceline Hotel: 3.5* Los Angeles (Redondo-Manhattan Beaches) Crowne Plaza

chiefboyle
By chiefboyle,
in

This property has not yet been ID'd/reported to the board. However, my guess is that this may be the Crowne Plaza, upgraded from 3* to 3.5*. The tripadvisor rating that I see (when I search for these dates) on the detail page for this listing is 3.5/5 and 120+ reviews, while the tripadvisor rating of the Crowne Plaza is 3.5/5 w/132 reviews. While that would not guarantee this is the Crowne Plaza, it would be further evidence that in favor of this listing being the CP.

Please use the site's HOTWIRE or PRICELINE links to start your purchases and searches.

• 2 weeks later...

Blast! I got caught in the Redondo Beach / Manhattan Beach trap...

I wanted the Residence Inn or any of the other 3* choices (even the 2.5* choices I hear are nice)... I bid $43 for a 3 star and got upgraded to the 3.5* Crowne Plaza. I don't think you can win the 3*s for less than $43 - oh well.

Your Offer Price Per Room, Per Night: $43.00

Subtotal: $43.00

Taxes & Fees: $13.42

Total Charges*: $56.42

Hopefully I will be able to find street parking to avoid the $20 parking .

I did remember to use the PRICELINE link this time. :)

Thanks again for your assistance.

Sorry to hear you received an unwanted upgrade to this property.

While not the hotel you wanted, $43 certainly seems like a great rate for this Crowne Plaza property.

Thank you for sharing your win with the board and using our PRICELINE link to begin your bidding.

Enjoy your stay.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

FYI : As usual after I get a room from Priceline or Hotwire, I called the hotel directly to request a non-smoking room.

For the first time ever , the response was 'Since you used a third party booking site, I am unable to fulfill your request for a non-smoking room at this time. Your room is only assigned when you arrive.'

Not impressed at all by that Crowne Plaza.. ("policy" or not)

Even if the hotel noted your request in their system it would still be a request and not guaranteed until time of check-in.

I would try calling again at another time, but odds favor you'll be able to get a non-smoking room based upon the hotel's room make-up:

8 Suite(s)

209 Single-Bedded Room(s)

130 Double-Bedded Room(s)

306 Non-Smoking Room(s)

So roughly 90% of the rooms at this property are non-smoking.

Good luck and let us know how it ultimately goes.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

I also won this hotel on Priceline for a stay 3/6-3/10.

I have e-mailed them twice with no response.

The first time I asked for my reservation to be noted that I would like a king, non smoking room.

(I know it is a request and may or may not be available at check it.)

The second time, I simply asked if the pool was open, as I have read in many reviews that is has been closed for renovations.

I am not too worried about the reviews and the quality of the accommodations, but their poor customer service does concern me.

• 3 weeks later...

Just to follow-up - everything worked out very well. I received a non-smoking room.

The hotel is quite nice - across the street from the beach and easy to get to from the airport. Customer service was very good. There is plenty of easy to find free street parking nearby.

Certainly worth the price I paid. It doesn't really deserve the low rating it has on Tripadvisor.

Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]