Hotwire Hotel: 3* Chicago (The Loop) Essex Inn

wrand
By wrand,
in

Been using hotwire and priceline for years but I just found this board great service, here's a recent purchase of mine:

2/25/05-2/27/05

----------------------

1 room (3 people) @ $65 per night x 2 nights = $130 + $24.95 Taxes and Fees = $154.95

Restaurant(s)

Pool(s)

Fitness Center

High-Speed Internet Access

Tennis Nearby

Business Center

One small note after I made the reservation I called them up to see if since I specifed three people in a room they could put a request on the reservation for two double beds, they said since it was hotwire they would only do that at check-in and that I could wind up with a king or queen room. Luckily I'm getting there pretty early on the day so I hope I will be able to get two doubles.

I was hoping for something nearer to the Mag. Mile b/c I'm running the Hustle Up The Hancock on Sunday (2/27th) but I guess this will do and it was a lot cheaper.

Welcome to BetterBidding... we're gald you're here!

Thank you for sharing your results with the board and helping us to add this hotel to our list for this area.

I would make sure to bring your Hotwire confirmation with you which shows that you bid for a room for 3 people. Since Hotwire guarantees enough sleeping accomodations for each person that you request in your search, you can use that as leverage if you have any problem getting a room with 2 beds.

Is the "Hustle up Hancock" a race up the stairs of the Hancock Building? (the NY Roadrunners club does the same thing with the Empire State Building)

Good luck!

Thanks again and enjoy your stay.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

Thanks for the tip on bringing in the reservation. I'll definitely do that. Though looking over Hotwire's Customer Service section I was surprised to find out that they don't make any specific gaurentee along these lines (# of beds, etc). They only gaurentee that the room will be able to sleep that # of people, I guess I could see a hotel saying, well a King bed is big enough for 3 people :) But hopefully that won't happen.

The Hustle is a race to the top of the Hancock Tower, I didn't know the Roadrunners did the same thing out in NY I should come out for that some time, I was out this Fall for the NYRR Marathon, that was really put on well, and I wouldn't mind doing some of their other stuff.

Oh btw, I'm writing this from U of M, Go Blue!

I'm writing this from U of M, Go Blue!

OK, you've made me jealous! I guess if i can't be there, somebody should be... now go get me a Zingerman's Sandwich :) (a #18, please)

Here's a link to the EMPIRE STATE BUILDING Run-Up and the NY RoadRunners Club.

Regarding your hotel stay, the hotel won't say that a King sleeps 3, but they could give you a King bed with a roll-a-way cot (but this would not be typical).

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
EXCLUSIVELY at BetterBidding:
$15 OFF

PRICELINE COUPON

(click here) and use

promo code

: EXPLORER15

(Hotel Express Deals in USD $150+ purchase... expires 05/05/2024)
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]