Hotwire Hotel: 2.5* London (Kensington-Chelsea-Knightsbridge) Express Holiday Inn EC

goingtolondon
By goingtolondon,
in

I had tried to book a hotel in London in the Kensington - Chelsea - Knightsbridge zone for a two and a half star hotel. I pulled up all 7 nights I was looking for and noticed if I booked the first four nights only, I was getting the room for approximatley $40 less, so I booked the first four nights. Not sure if this was a smart move. Next, I tried to pull up the next three nights and couldn't find any availabiltiy (ie, a 2 and a half star hotel in the Kensington, Chelsea and Knightsbridge zone wasn't shown for the 3 nights I need). I have kept checking and today I can book a 2 and a half star hotel in the same zone, but the hotel ammenities are different from the hotel I already booked, so I know that this is not the same hotel. Is there anyway to bring up the same hotel or am I out of luck? Also, the 2 and a half star hotel in the Kensington - Chelsea - Knightsbridge zone does not match the list shown on this website for London hotels, (ie, the hotel ammenities are different than what i have read). Does anybody know what two and a half star hotel it is if anybody has booked recently? The ammenities are a restaurant, laundry and business center. There are no reviews to make matters worse. Any suggestions what to do will be appreciated. Thank you.

Welcome to BetterBidding!

Please start by reading your messages.

I booked the first four nights only, I was getting the room for approximatley $40 less, so I booked the first four nights.
Please add a reply this thread with the details of your purchase (star rating, city, zone, hotel name, room rate, dates, amenities shown before your purchase) so that the information can best help other users. Then add a reply to your current Hotwire London thread for the balance of your stay and we'll take a clsoe look at that stay.

Please use the PRICELINE and HOTWIRE links on the board to begin your travel purchases.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

My booking was for a 2 and a half star hotel in the Kensington - Chelea - Knightsbridge zone. The hotel price was for $59 per night if I booked four nights, or $103 per night if I booked 7 nights. For the following dates:- March 22 - 26 (4 nights). March 22 -29 (7 nights).

The hotel's ammenities are:- breakfast included and internet available. The hotel I got was the Holiday Inn Expres Earls Court.

I have no clue what to do now since I can't get the same hotel for March 26 - 29.

I thought maybe a booking right on the Holiday Inn web site might take care of your other three nights, but the rate was a whopping 101 pounds, or about $160 per night. It is $134 a night on the Priceline retail side, a little better but still steep.

Hotwire averages the rate across a longer stay, so that explains why you saw a lower rate when you just looked at your first 4 nights as opposed to looking at all 7 nights.

Looked for coupons for a while via an inquiry "holiday inn express promo" but didn't see anything useful.

One of your options might be to bite the bullet and bid via Priceline for your last three days, thinking of it as an opportunity to enjoy another area of London?

I understand the hotels twiddle with the amenities from time to time, so maybe it could be the same hotel. I'm not the expert here on that though. (However I did recently get bit by changing amenities in another city. Got a totally unpredicted hotel.)

Hope you get this sorted out so you can enjoy your visit.

Romelle

Thanks for the reply.

I had contacted Holiday Inn to add the extra nights, the rates I got were too high, 101 GBP for 2 nights and 129 GBP for one night, for three nights, that's 331 GBP. Since booking with HOTWIRE I've been trying to get the same hotel for the other three days, and until yesterday no 2 and a half star hotel has come up in the Kensington - Chelsea - Knightsbridge zone.

Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
EXCLUSIVELY at BetterBidding:
$15 OFF

PRICELINE COUPON

(click here) and use

promo code

: EXPLORER15

(Hotel Express Deals in USD $150+ purchase... expires 05/05/2024)
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]