Priceline Hotel: Question About Bidding for 4* Hotel in BH/WH

crownsbroyal
By crownsbroyal,
in

Hi, I'm new to posting, but I have been reading this site for some time. I'm not sure if this is the right place for this but I have quick question.

I plan to maybe bid on a 4* hotel in the Beverly Hills area and I have looked at all the previous winnings and noticed that most bids, especially recently, that won in the $95 price are the Hyatt Century Plaza. And, although more in the past, ones who bid 105+ stayed elsewhere.

I don't want to stay at the Hyatt. If I bid at 105 or more will that give me a different hotel or would they still give me the Hyatt and just keep the extra cash?

Pre-thanks for your response.

I plan to use your PRICELINE and HOTWIRE links.

Welcome to BetterBidding!

It's not recommended to bid higher for a higher rated hotel. While it may work out fine, you could just as easily receive the hotel you don't want and overpay for it. See this thread for more detailed info: Don't Bid Higher For a Specific Hotel

If there is a hotel in the zone you're trying to target, or avoid, HOTWIRE would likely be a better option since you can often take an educated gueass as to the hotel you might receive.

Please use the PRICELINE and HOTWIRE links on the board to begin your travel purchases.

Let us know what you decide or if we can be of further help.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]