Priceline Hotel: 3* Colorado Springs (Airport COS) Radisson

ClaireCrowe
By ClaireCrowe,
in

I just found out yesterday that I would be spending this weekend in Colorado Springs, and I decided that I wanted to try for the Radisson in the COS (airport) area. I started to enter a $40 bid, but a message popped up that my bid had only a small chance of being accepted. Since I know that my rebids are limited for a 3* in CoSpr, I upped my bid to $42, and the message disappeared. I lowered it to $41, and the message reappeared, so I put my bid back at $42. I submitted it, and I was quite surprised to see that it was quickly accepted! The Radisson website had a $69 room as their best price, so I feel that I did alright; however, I have gotten a room for $45 on their website before at around this time of year. I know that I will enjoy their complementary evening cocktails and morning hot breakfast buffets. I will update after my trip!

Oh--I just thought I would add that parking is free at this property, although it is uncovered. And I have always felt like this was a safe area. Even though the motel is near the airport, the rooms are well-insulated from outside noise.

Your Offer Price: $42.00

Number of Rooms: 1

Number of Nights: 3

Subtotal: $126.00

Taxes & Service Fees:

$21.38

Total Charges: $147.38

• 2 weeks later...

Radisson did inform me upon check in that they are no longer inviting guests who obtain their reservations via internet sites to their free breakfast buffet. Although this was quite a blow, because their buffet is delicious, I did receive a room with a wonderful view overlooking the courtyard. And the room was extra large--even with two beds! Apparently they are in the process of renovating, although I saw no work being done while I was there. As always, we had a microwave, refrigerator, and separate bar sink, all amenities that you would normally pay extra for in other motels like Microtel.

I discovered a VERY nice, new shopping area about five miles to the north of this somewhat remote location (on Powers). There is a brand new IMAX theater with all sorts of eateries and restaurants and shops like Ruby's Diner, World Market, Wild Oats, and Pier 1. Colorado Springs is rapidly expanding in this area, so everything is nice and new.

I just need to add that in the past I have always been given coupons for free evening cocktails or soft drinks to use in their bar. I was not given any this time, but I am not sure whether it is because of Priceline or because they are not giving these out anymore.

Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
EXCLUSIVELY at BetterBidding:
$15 OFF

PRICELINE COUPON

(click here) and use

promo code

: EXPLORER15

(Hotel Express Deals in USD $150+ purchase... expires 05/05/2024)
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]