Priceline Hotel: 4*+ Paris Hotel - 3/8/10-3/11/10

Ariana13xy
By Ariana13xy,
in

Have used your links to access PRICELINE. Am trying to obtain a hotel for 3 nights - March 8-11, 2010. So far, here are my results.

- 2/6/10 - Placed $85 bid for Opera Quarter East - Les Halles (OQE) 4* Hotel. Rejected, no counter-offer. Did not re-bid.

- 2/7/10 - Placed $95 bid for Opera Quarter East - Les Halles (OQE) 4* Hotel. Rejected, counter-offer of $187/night, plus $57.00 in taxes/fees (=$618 total).

- Closed, reaccessed PRICELINE using BB's link, added Champs Elysees - Opera Quarter West and rebid for 4*/5* for $95 again. Bid rejected, no counter. Gave me regular Priceline hotel search travel results. Not sure if this means I can't bid again for another day, or not.

- Got an email from Priceline inviting me to bid again. Reaccessed the site through your PRICELINE links. Bid $100 on OQE, CE-OQW, and St. Germain - Latin Quarter - Montparnasse. Rejected, counter-offer of $135/night, plus $42.99 in taxes/fees (=$447.99 total).

- Added Batignolles - Montmartre - Republique and tried bidding again at $100. Rejected, and got the "Thank You for Naming Your Own Price - Unfortunately, we can't accept your offer. During our search, however, we did find special priceline rates available for your travel dates at the hotels shown below." message again.

My guess, based on what you posted, is that you'll be successful around $125 (but I could easily be $10 off or more) for Champs Elysees - Opera Quarter West . Have you ruled out the Latin Quarter - St. Germain - Montparnasse zone?

I found that you will not get another counteroffer if you just add a zone to a bid. Rather than just add a zone to a bid, what I do is close and reopen the browser, access through the Betterbidding support link, and then start a new bid that includes the new zone. This way I get a counteroffer again (they might up the price even, but don't believe the new price).

Welcome to BetterBidding!

When PRICELINE redirects you to the "retail' page of offerings, you can still bid again by closing the browser and re-accessing PRICELINE thru our links. They're directing you there simply on a crossmarketing basis... they know you need a hotel, and since your bid was unsuccessful, they'll try to sell you a room thru their 'retail' channel.

It appears you're willing to accept a 4* hotel in either the OQE, CE-OQW, and St. Germain - Latin Quarter - Montparnasse zones. If this is correct, what is your maximum bid for a 4* hotel in one of these zones... we'll then suggest a strategy for you to follow.

Thanks for using our PRICELINE links to begin your bidding :)

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
EXCLUSIVELY at BetterBidding:
$15 OFF

PRICELINE COUPON

(click here) and use

promo code

: EXPLORER15

(Hotel Express Deals in USD $150+ purchase... expires 05/05/2024)
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]