Priceline Hotel: Priceline bidding for All-Inclusive stays...

X-Phaktor
By X-Phaktor,
in

Yes, there are some all-inclusive hotels when using PRICELINE. But you can't bid on a specific hotel (nor specifically an all-inclusive hotel) when using PRICELINE. You need to be willing to stay at any * or higher (all-inclusive or not) in the zone you're bidding at.

All wins can be found in boards Priceline and Hotwire Calendar of Wins.

But if you only want to stay at a all-inclusive hotel is maybe HOTWIRE a better option for you.

Yellowdog.

Please use the PRICELINE and HOTWIRE links on the board to begin your travel purchases.

I used HOTWIRE on my purchase of a Playa del Carmen all-inclusive, although I tried real hard to PRICELINE it.

One reason I didn't go PRICELINE is that many of the zones are too big and we're trying to do this trip via bus and short taxi rides.

From the amenities listed, I knew the hotel (Real Playa del Carmen) and it's location near the bus stations. And knew that with all-inclusive, we wouldn't have to "go find something to eat".

• 1 month later...

This is a new 'zone' for PRICELINE and it appears they're starting to roll-out bidding on all-inclusive properties. We'll have to see how it plays out when an area has both 'traditional' and all-inclusive properties, and it's not so easy to separate the all-inclusive properties to their own geographic region/zone.

If you'd like help with an upcoming stay please start a NEW TOPIC.

Please use the PRICELINE and HOTWIRE links on the board to begin your travel purchases.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

• 1 year later...

Has anyone had any experience with the ALL INCLUSIVE zone in Cancun? I don't see any wins reported. It seems like you can't rebid by adding zones since you may end up with a normal room. I am guessing you get two adults, but what about small children?

I am hoping someone has won an all inclusive and can share.....

I am guessing you get two adults, but what about small children?

I would think that children would likely be an extra charge that you would need to work out with the hotel after your purchase... very few all-inclusive properties allow children at no additional charge.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

• 1 month later...

With quality of food and drinks being such an important factor to the all-inclusive experience, i would be I think most people are looking for better then a 3* when looking at an all-inclusive vacation.

I'd sooner look at HOTWIRE which offers higher rated all-inclusive properties.

If you need help with an upcoming stay please start a NEW TOPIC.

• 6 months later...

Priceline has now added some guaranteed amenities to some star levels in some areas.

For example, bidding a resort (4.5 star) level in Cancun - Riviera Maya (all three areas), will guarantee all-inclusive.

Riviera Maya North guarantees AI in star levels Resort, 2 star and 2.5 star, but not 3, 3.5 or 4.

If you want an AI, be sure there are no checks in non-AI star levels in all area checked.

If bidding 2.5 star-AI, according to the terms and conditions, they can upgrade you from a 2.5 to a 3 star, but only if the requirements of the 2.5 star are met and you did not check 3 star.

Be carefull and read the terms and conditions.

• 4 weeks later...

Alessia,

Welcome to BetterBidding!

For an all-inclusive property you'll need to see the 'ALL INCLU' icon showing on PRICELINE (next to the star rating) when you select your desired zone and star level. At this time it does not appear that all-inclusive properties are offered in Puerto Vllarata (for an example of what the ALL INCLU icon looks like, try searching PRICELINE for 'Cancun' and choose all three Riviera Maya zones, then look at the icons listed under the "Resort" star rating).

On the other hand, HOTWIRE does offer All-Inclusive properties in this area... have you tried searching HOTWIRE for your dates?

To further this discussion, or further help with your stay, please start a NEW TOPIC.

Thanks.

Thanks ...yes i have now realized that. I have checked Hotwire (using your links) but there don't appear to be any screaming deals...too bad. There doesn't seem to be much action in the Puerto Vallarta BB world...not even for hotels (non-all-incl)...I wonder if I should bid for a regular 4* or resort and then add on the all-inclusive through the hotel upon arrival...we leave on Saturday!!! We got last minute flights at a great deal and now we need a place to stay! Thanks for the help...

I wonder if I should bid for a regular 4* or resort and then add on the all-inclusive through the hotel upon arrival...

Not all hotels offer an all-inclusive option, so if you need an all-inclusive property this would be a risky proposition.

Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]