Priceline Hotel: 2 rooms diffrent dates

jneale
By jneale,
in

Hi Folks,

New to the board and PL bidding. I have a few questions, if someone has a moment to help.

1. Looking to bid for a 6 nights in Maui Wailea area - hoping for the Marriott or Makena...however, I need one room for 6 nights and the second for 5 (starting the next day)...any idea if this is possible. I am thinking about just bidding for 1 and then call up the hotel to see if I can add a second room starting the next day at a rate close to what I get.

2. Anyone have any comments on either resort - one over the other - and dining options in this location beside the hotel.

Thanks,

J

Welcome to BetterBidding!

1) I give it less than 2% chance of working. Your real options are going to come down to:

-booking one room for the first nite and two rooms for the remaining 5 nites. The guest(s) there for the full 6 nites may have to change hotels after the first nite

- book one room for six nites and one room for five nites... each room may be at different hotels

- book two rooms for five nites and once you learn the name of the hotel, book one additional nite thru a non-opaque source (usually cost prohibitive and most users don't opt for this route)

2) you can't pick/choose your hotel with PRICELINE so not sure if there is much benefit in a discussion as to which is better, as you may receive either one, or some other hotel entirely. If you're trying to target, or avoid, a particular hotel then HOTWIRE may be a better option.

Please use the PRICELINE and HOTWIRE links on the board to begin your travel purchases.

Let us know if/when/how you'd like to proceed and we'll take it from there.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

Thanks for the info,

Since the rooms are for my immediate family, I don't think I will bother taking any chances on these options. I go with a straight forward 2 room booking, although to date I have had no success at the $98.00 range...will try again today.

As far as targeting hotels, well there are only a handful of "resort" category locations in the Wailea area, and most on this board seem to get either one, so was just interested in whether there was a significant quality difference.

re: "Let us know if/when/how you'd like to proceed and we'll take it from there." What are you suggesting?

Cheers,

J

re: "Let us know if/when/how you'd like to proceed and we'll take it from there." What are you suggesting?
If you let us know your maximum bid we'll suggest a strategy for you to follow.

Also, to confirm, are you now booking 2 rooms for the full six nites? (and one room for the first nite will sit empty?) If so, make sure you put both rooms in the name of the person who will be showing up on the first nite, as the hotel has the right to cancel the complete reservation (for that one room) if the guest doesn't show up on the first nite (and doesn't call ahead to explain that they're delayed and won't be arriving until the following day)

Please use the PRICELINE and HOTWIRE links on the board to begin your travel purchases.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

Hi,

Thanks again for the follow-up. The rooms are for my wife and I and two teenage kids...so we will be actually in each room after check-in. My plan for two separate

rooms, with the second starting the next day was based on the fact that we would be arriving at 2200 and after a 14 hr trip from east coast...so I thought the second room was a waste the first night...I have been informed by the #1 that this is not good thinking...so 2 rooms / 6 nights.

I tried again today up $105.00 using Wailea + resorts, then re-bid using Kihei and again using kahului. It looks like these rooms should be going for sub $100 from the Jan bids, but I am probably willing to go up to $110, before considering a condo. (110 x 2 + taxes + 25 = 275 a night approx.)

Thanks,

J

For dates which are subsets of your own, bids have been reported to the board at $118, $120, and $135 (this last bid price was for 2/27-3/5, almost identical to your own... the earlier dates were only for the second half of your stay)

We can suggest a strategy which caps at $110, but the above would suggest trying to at least $120, and if you're willing, up to $135 (not sure how this compares to the price of a condo) If $120 or $135 is rejected, then i would consider SPLITTING YOUR PRICELINE BID, again with a $120 or $135 maximum. (we will of course start lower)

Ultimately it's your budget, so let us know if you're willing to go behind $110 and we'll suggeest a strategy accordingly.

Thanks for the insight.

I think for now, I am going to try up to the $110.00 level first for the whole stay, then possibly split the bid. Once I get up to $125.00, then I am

into about $310.00 per day for both rooms (taxes/fees included).

I am flexible on the end date, so I could shorten the bid stay period. And then either re-bid for the remaining time (hoping to get the same resort - which I think is relatively likely for this zone) or if you think this is possible - bid for a shorter window - (say 3 -4 days) and then add the extra day(s) on if successful bid.

What I am not sure about is if the extra day(s) will automatically be offered. I do know that if they are, it is for no more than your total days from your winning bid.

Thoughts,

J

Using a maximum bid of $110 and bidding for a Resort in the Wailea zone, you have TWO re-bid zones. If you're not familiar with re-bidding please read Priceline Re-Bidding Explained and feel free to ask questions and/or confirm your re-bid zones with the board before proceeding.

(NOTE: 're-bid zone1' is not the same as priceline's Zone1, 're-bid zone2' is not the same as priceline's Zone2, etc, etc)

Give your previously rejected bid of $105 just yesterday, i would bid as follows:

Select Resort Wailea...

Bid $98, if rejected add re-bid zone1...

Bid $103, if rejected close browser and use our link to re-access PRICELINE

Select Resort Wailea and re-bid zone2...

Bid $108, if rejected add re-bid zone1...

Bid $110

Any questions feel free to ask.

Good luck and let us know how it goes.

Hi,

Thanks for the bidding tips. I did as suggested. On my 3rd bid offer from your sequence ($108), I got a free bid offer with a price requirement of

$130.00 to exercise...I opted to go ahead with the 4th bid sequence instead...no success tonight.

What are you thoughts on the split bid question I had earlier...ie bid somewhere between 3-4 nights and hope to get an ad a night (or 2/3) offer.

Is this a guaranteed event after any successful bids?

I will probably try the same sequence again tomorrow...possibly willing to go up to 115.00...but thats getting into my condo threshold range...

Thanks for a all the help,

J

I think the counter-offer of $130 increases the likelihood that you're likely looking at $118/$120 for this complete stay.

If you do try SPLITTING YOUR PRICELINE BID and are successful for less, when you try to add a nite (if offered... it not always is) the additional nites will likely be rejected but counter-offered with a higher rate... or you could try bidding those nites separately if you're willing to change hotels.

Good luck and let us know how the next round of bidding goes.

This ended up in the wrong thread...don't know how since I replied to your last...

Hi,

Quick update for you...no luck going up to $110. At 120 a night for 2 rooms, I was heading into 300+ a night all in, so ended up going with a condo. Now working on the second half of the vacation in Waikiki...will try for 3 nights beach area Resort and maybe a rental car option here and for Maui.

Thanks for all your help...I'll probably ask a few more questions /advice for the HNL part.

Cheers,

J

I have moved your last post to your intended thread (i believe)

Thanks for letting us know what you decided for this leg of your trip. Feel free to start a NEW TOPIC for hte Honolulu part of your trip.

Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]