Hotwire Hotel: 4.5* NYC (MTE) InterContinental Barclay

Marc Marcus
By Marc Marcus,
in

I have a last minute trip to NYC scheduled for this coming Saturday and Sunday nights (1/23 - 1/24). I've been reading through the threads and have picked up much useful info on bidding on 3 and 4* properties, but I havent found too much on 5*. Can anyone offer some insight on how much I could expect tp pay for a 5* in any Midtown zone, and what strategy I should use? Also, is there an advance reservation deadline (IE. do I have to book a certain number of days in advance of my stay?) Thanks for your help.

Welcome to BetterBidding!

There is only one known 5* hotel in NYC and that is the Waldorf Towers. The good news is that it's usually only available last minute... the bad news is that it's not usually available.

HOTWIRE has what appears to be the Westin at $143, the Grand Hyatt at $138, the Inter-Continental Barclay at $145, Le Parker Meridien at $158, and a few others. I think the questions is how much more is the 5* in NYC worth to you over these prices?

Let us know that and we'll suggest a bidding strategy for you to follow.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

Does that mean that if I bid on the 5* in MTE, it is not likely to be accepted, but if it is, it will be at Waldorf Towers? I would be willing to try to get that with a few bids, using the re-bid strategy, as it is the only 5* in NYC. If that doesnt work out, I can always go to Hotwire with your link.

From the Hotwire properties you mentioned, which would be the best suited for my trip -- I am going for leisure with my wife. Location is not a factor (any midtown location is OK). I guess we're just looking for the most upscale property for the price.

Thanks.

Does that mean that if I bid on the 5* in MTE, it is not likely to be accepted, but if it is, it will be at Waldorf Towers?

It's not that clear-cut, but that's the general jist of things based upon known history. I may be putting a tone on your words that aren't there, but we don't like to make things sound so definitive from the standpoint that hotels are added, removed, upgraded, downgraded, etc all of the time. Each time a new hotel is reported it is 'news' to us, but you thinking is correct based upon nothing 'new' coming up.

I think i could easily be happy at any of the hotels listed above (especially at those prices), each time i was about to choose one i woudl re-think my position and choose another. :) You may want to read the reviews next to each in the PRICELINE HOTEL LIST.

Let us know if we can be of additional help and keep us updated to your progress.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
EXCLUSIVELY at BetterBidding:
$15 OFF

PRICELINE COUPON

(click here) and use

promo code

: EXPLORER15

(Hotel Express Deals in USD $150+ purchase... expires 05/05/2024)
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]