Priceline Hotel: Vancouver Downtown

andrew_glasgow
By andrew_glasgow,
in

How high have you bid already in each zone and star level?

Did you want to try for a 4* in the Downtown and Entertainment District zones first... or were you looking for a less expensive 3* hotel in the Downtown zone first?

Please use the PRICELINE and HOTWIRE links on the board to begin your travel purchases.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

I went up to $84 for 4* and when I tried again the next day I went to $76 for 3*

I'm wondering if maybe I'd have more luck splitting the week into 3 nights and 4 nights, does priceline tend to give better results when it's shorter stays? This is something that wouldn't bother us as we both enjoy spending time in hotels whilst at home so an extra hotel on holiday wouldn't be a problem.

Preferrably I'd like a 4* hotel but tobe perfectly honest I'm not too bothered, as a 3* in the downtown district would be fine (although not too keen on some of the reviews for a couple of the entertainment district 3* hotels).

Thanks,

Andrew

See this thread: SPLITTING YOUR PRICELINE BID

You can try splitting your purchase, but as i'm not seeing a major rate change over your dates, i'm not sure if it will help or not (you may just not be bidding enough for this time of year). When splitting your purchases, it is better to try to get as many dates as possible on your first purchase, as this makes your second purchase a bit easier (since you need fewer dates)

If you want to try splitting your bid, i would try again for the following date combinations:

6/17-6/24

6/18-6/24

6/17-6/23

6/19-6/24

6/17-6/22

6/20-6/24

6/17-6/21

Looping thru the dates above, if successful, ensures that you get at least 4 out of the 7 nites, leaving 3 nites or less for your second purchase.

Any questions feel free to ask.

Please use the PRICELINE and HOTWIRE links on the board to begin your travel purchases.

Let us know how it goes or if we can be of further help.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

Thanks for the advice, but I tried after speaking to my girlfriend for just a week long stay and still had no luck up to $84 so decided instead to book a self-catering condo for a price of 700 CAD for the duration of the week, so now I will just have the period of 1st July - 6th July in Toronto and the 30th June overnght at Vancouver Airport to book. :-)

Thanks again

Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]