Priceline Hotel: 5* Bangkok (Sukhumvit) JW Marriott

southbay
By southbay,
in

:) Just went out on an expensive binge and hoped for the SGS. Started at $75 for Aug. 30, played around with a combination of dates and zones avoiding Siam and sticking to 5*.Worked my way up to from 75-80-88-90.Got the JW Marriott for 8 nites $720 + fees and taxes $863.58. Yes it is a savings over the web site, Corp. rate 133++ 6 nights and on weekend nites $115. still about a 28% savings(but no points) , but still sick.....An expensive habit !!! I know if If had been more patient would have saved . Saw Westin and SGS had rates for 1 week or more for $110++ and $120++

Just checked out from the JW, yeah, the Westin and the SGS haven't come up for quite some time, according to this board, my experiences and the TOBB... too bad! - However, be sure to let your MR number add to the PL reservation before check-in. Usually all my PL stays for the JW Bkk in the last time have shown up in my MR account - though not the points for the nights paid, but at least for the incidentials and - more important IMO - the nights credits towards status.

I do better than that. I go over in person before, and talk to some people I know there.Let them know my dates and request for a specific room or near by facing Nana towards the back. A found this part of the hotel quieter. The staff there all knows me and is very kind. Only complaint of the JW is the rooms are a bit tight. All and all still a great Hotel and location. Just the SGS is better.

We'll see how long I can resist the Priceline thrill... Have a long trip coming up in March, plan is to stay at some cheaper places - last time when this was the plan, I ended up in JW/SGS. An expensive habit I couldn't resist...

I really like the balcony rooms at the JW (I think there are 3?) - have got one twice as MR Gold/Platinum. The lounge is wonderful as well.

Me I'm just a lowly Silver, 38 nights last year. All PRCLN But I have 1 nite in March ($73), and 8 nites and 10 nites on various stays this year at Riverside Marriott, which also gives credit towards a stay but not for room.Only incididentals. Has anyone used Bonus Bucks( $100) for incidentals for longer stays??BTW LH,Which floors has balcony and what way do they face ,Nana or the expressway ?

Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
EXCLUSIVELY at BetterBidding:
$15 OFF

PRICELINE COUPON

(click here) and use

promo code

: EXPLORER15

(Hotel Express Deals in USD $150+ purchase... expires 05/05/2024)
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]