Priceline Hotel: 2nd April/3 nights - Amsterdam

dambuster
By dambuster,
in

Hi, I have been trying the last 3 days for a 4* in the city & museum quarter (also using free rebids!)

Having no luck at all,1st bid $76 then day 2 $78 then thought id get at $83 a night (today) & all got refused!...am I missing something? is it some important weekend, have amsterdam prices gone up on PL???

Strange as I have got plenty of $75-$80 wins in the past here!

All comments/thoughts appreciated!

is it some important weekend, have amsterdam prices gone up on PL???

You may be missing that it's the Easter weekend which could mean that rates are generally higher. Easter is one of the most favourite times of the year among tourists who travel to Amsterdam. Maybe you are among the thousands who chose to do the same?

Anyhow, while you are right, that NH hotels usually have very, very low Priceline rates in Amsterdam throughout the year, $83 still is a very low amount. Converted into €, it comes up to around €60 without VAT or €63 including VAT (which is usually the basis rate are calculated on in Continental Europe). You may have to look at paying €70 - €80, which equals to a Priceline bid before taxes of $90 - $105. Still a great deal for Amsterdam.

• 2 weeks later...

Hi Guys,

Does anyone know if it makes any difference to your bids with NYOP - if a credit over a debit card is chosen for the payment method?

Its just that credit cards have a much higher processing fee than a debit card & wonder if it has any influence on the accepted bid, depending on what card you use??

Reason I say this is that am now using credit card & not debit card anymore & notice it is edging up my bids to what I am used to..wondering if it is coincidence or not?!

All feedback welcomed...thx

Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]