By LHFlyer,
in

It looks like the new Holiday Inn has opened

Holiday Inn Bangkok

971, 973 Ploenchit Road

Lumpini

Pathumwan

Phone: 66 2656 1555

Since the other property participates as does the Intercontinental, I highly suspect this one will pop up as a 4-star in Siam Square zone.

Also a good offer for Amex cardholders:

Enjoy an exclusive rate of only US$85++ per night (normal room rates start at US$170++), and you'll get the second night free!

Call the Holiday Inn Bangkok Reservations Hotline on +612 9437 6366 or email [email protected] and request for "American Express Selects" to enjoy this offer.

Just E-mailed them on offer. If anyone has any more info. on this offer,your comments would greatly be appreciated. I know this is a little off-topic, but is such a great value IF IT is really availiable. I am here in BKK at the moment and from what I see it looks like a few months from opening. So it when i see Jan. 5 open date I am quite skepitical on this offer.

When making reservation. The CSR asked if I wanted single or double.Same price i was told..IMO this Holiday INN is same owner as Intercontintel ,in fact when I called the CSR told me same Reservation office as Intercontinental. So I would say the policy of the INTER is applicableTO NEW Holiday Inn ( Same managment group)

Yeah, I agree, the new Holiday Inn does not belong to the same group which owns the Holiday Inn Silom (which also holds the HI properties in Macau and Hongkong), so chances might be ok in terms on no joiner's fee (however the Holiday Inn's general "family policy" might also urge this property to discourage guests in hotel rooms).

Still, there will be the risk to get the Novotel in this area via PL, which doesn't seem to be a big deal on PL.

Still, there will be the risk to get the Novotel in this area via PL, which doesn't seem to be a big deal on PL.

Yeah, I'm almost sure Novotel Siam Square is a 4-star in this zone as well; and Siam City Hotel for sure is.

That Novotel must be making tons of money from these joiner fees - CM2 in the basement and apparently a 2000-Baht fee. :)

Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
EXCLUSIVELY at BetterBidding:
$15 OFF

PRICELINE COUPON

(click here) and use

promo code

: EXPLORER15

(Hotel Express Deals in USD $150+ purchase... expires 05/05/2024)
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]