Hotwire Hotel: 3.5* Orange County (Anaheim-Disneyland South) Crowne Plaza Resort

katherineandsadie
By katherineandsadie,
in

Hello Everyone!

My daughter and I are going to Disneyland from our home here in Alaska. Neither of us has ever been; you'd be hard pressed to say who is more excited!

Had park tickets from friends and miles from my father combine to "just make it happen." Now I'm trying to budget well on the hotel side of things. I'm def. going to book through Hotwire (yes, I used the link) and we are very last minute.

I'm looking only at Anaheim Disneyland North & South. Prices are in the 49 - 99 range today for the 3*-3.5*.

The only thing I don't want is the Sheraton Garden Grove. Being that I've never been to Anaheim, I'm judging all places by their websites. SGC looks more convention-like than fun-like if you know that I mean. My hang up is, I've seen the SGC be mentioned at 3 and 3.5, so I'm just hoping I don't get it either way.

I'll post a thread when I book to let you know what happens. Might end up with two as I might use HW to book the rest of our trip to the San Diego area, looking at Oceanside right now, if none of the VRBO condos pan out.

Happy to have found this board. Sorry if I post long, I'm naturally chatty, and WAY excited; a dangerous combination. :)

Let's see what we have here:

Anaheim - Disneyland South Hotel (0.7 - 3.7 miles from your location)

3.5*

Fitness

Pool

Restaurants

Business Center

Laundry

Hi Speed Internet

Anaheim - Disneyland South Hotel (0.7 - 3.7 miles from your location)

3*

No Smoking

Complimentary Breakfast

Pool

Laundry

Hi Speed Internet

Anaheim - Disneyland North Hotel

3*

No Smoking

Fitness

Pool

Restaurants

Business Center

Laundry

Hi Speed Internet

2.5*

Suite

Fitness

Laundry

Hi Speed Internet

Kitchenette

I would book today, but Uncle Sam hasn't given me my money back yet. :)

Please post once you're ready to make a purchase, as these may not even be the hotels offered once you receied (what i'm assuming is) your tax refund.

Thanks for using our the PRICELINE and HOTWIRE links on the board to begin your purchases.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

Please post once you're ready to make a purchase, as these may not even be the hotels offered once you receied (what i'm assuming is) your tax refund.

Thanks for using our the PRICELINE and HOTWIRE links on the board to begin your purchases.

Nevermind then. I just wanted to avoid a certain one and was asking for help with that. Looking at jesse629's thread answers my question. My bad for not reading it first.

Take care everyone!

Okay, here goes nothing. I'm ready to buy today!

I want to avoid the Sheraton...Grove in Anaheim. Given what one poster stated, the "should" have the NS icon, and the hotels I'm looking at does not. However, I read that icons come and go...

Anaheim - Disneyland South Hotel

3.5*

Recommended in 80% of customer reviews

Best Value

Fitness Center

Pool(s)

Restaurant(s)

Business Center

Laundry Facilities

High-speed Internet Access

Anaheim - Disneyland South Hotel

3*

Recommended in 85% of customer reviews

Best Value

Pool(s)

Laundry Facilities

3*

Recommended in 75% of customer reviews

Best Value

Smoke Free Rooms

Fitness Center

Pool(s)

Restaurant(s)

Business Center

Laundry Facilities

That's my Top Three!

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Follow-up, microwave "rental" was $10.00, fridge rental was $10.00. They were nice enough to move us up to the "executive level" for $10.00 more a night. Only difference in the floor was the micro and fridge in room, and the lobby area by the elevators was faux-marble instead of carpet.

Overall - Not worth the 'resort' price. None of the summer activities were offered, movies by the pool and such, even though the weather was great for it. Kids eat free was not "applicable to Hotwire reservations." The menu was not all that appealing, but we probably would have gone for the b-fast buffet at least once if the KEF was an option.

It was our first trip, and I stopped in at several other hotels by Disney Land while we were there. Now that I know the lay of the land and such, we'll stay at a more family-friendly non-resort hotel next time.

Creep Alert:

The pool area abuts several apartment buildings literaly pool fence to their patios. During the evening and weekends there were patio party-crowds that became quite rowdy, and one older man that just starred and starred at the women and young girls. Maybe he'll move soon. :)

Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]