Priceline Hotel: 4* Atlanta (Perimeter) W Hotel Perimeter

Buzliteyear
By Buzliteyear,
in

I've never stayed in Atlanta, but the most frequently bid zones are Galleria, Buckhead, and Perimeter (which oddly enough are all not that close to each other)... i would start with looking at these three zones on a map and see which, if any, might work best for your needs. Let us know what you find and we'll take it from there. (midtown is another zone used frequently, but not as much as the others above, imo)

Please use these PRICELINE and HOTWIRE links to begin your travel purchases.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

Not sure if you've bid yet but my advice is to stay within the Buckhead, Downtown or Midtown zones if you're coming strictly to explore Atlanta. Those three zones have all the tourist attractions and the museums. They're also all located around MARTA's rail line (Atlanta's subway). Unless you have a car, you'll want to avoid the other areas since you'd have to drive everywhere and Atlanta traffic is notorious for being horrific. If you do have a car, the best areas are Galleria, Perimeter, Druid Hills and Smyrna since those areas are still somewhat close to the city.

Personally i'd stay in Midtown. I lived there for a few years. It's convenient to the Aquarium, situated between downtown and Buckhead. There are a lot of restaurants. Downtown tends to have the more 'aggresive' homeless compared to midtown. homeless in buckhead is virtually nonexistent. But if you are going to have a car then i'd recommend staying in perimeter or galleria area. hotels are usually cheaper, and the parking fee is also cheaper if not free. i would not recommend staying in the following zones.

Atlanta West - Six Flags

Forest Park

Jonesboro

Kennesaw

Lithonia

Morrow

Northlake

Peachtree Corners - Norcross

Stockbridge

Stone Mountain

Union City

these are either too far away or not in the best of neighborhoods.

rmsmith pretty much nailed it with the above post. In addition to comments above, the choices depend on what you want to do while you're there.

Downtown has Aquarium, World of Coca-Cola, Phillips Arena if there is a Hawks/Thrashers game; however, the area is fairly dead at night and as rmsmith mentioned the majority of homeless in the city are in this area and they have been known to be a little aggressive. That is, they'll spot tourists and follow them around asking them if they need any help, and they pretty much won't leave you alone unless you give them money or if you're persistent and just keep walking.

Midtown (about 10 blocks north) has more restaurants and is more "happening", but there's not much "touristy" stuff to do there. However, it's convenient to downtown, either by a short taxi or MARTA ride.

Buckhead is the trendy area of downtown. Lots of shopping, restaurants; but again, not touristy. Little bit farther north, but not too far.

I'd recommend staying in Buckhead and bidding for a 3*. There is a very strong chance of getting the Hyatt Place for about $36. Lots of free rebid zones so you can start out bidding at $30 and work your way up. Short walk to Marta or get hotel shuttle to take you. Almost anywhere around Atlanta you can get the Hyatt Place for $30-36, including Perimeter, Galleria, airport, Duluth and Alpharetta. I have had Priceline success at all of them. It is an excellent value at that price. If you can avoid driving a car in Atlanta you should do so, use Marta instead. Just use the car if you want to go to Stone Mountain or Kennesaw.

Great posts guys, thanks.

We purchased the airfare and are going to do six days between Savannah and Atlanta. I'm not sure how we're breaking it up yet as I'm still researching the activities we're doing to do when we go.

I'll probably bid for hotels in both cities this week and a rental car as well. I'll make sure to post all my results.

Thanks again!

Buz

The Conga Line Never Stops!

Mods, I originally started an info thread which had some great replies. I put my win in here as a separate thread. I'm not sure how how you guys preferred it.

Anyway, started at $39 and went up a dollar and a zone each time.

Won it at $50. I can't beleive in this day and age we can get 4* hotels for $50. Just crazy.

Anyway,

The Conga Line Never Stops!

I've merged your 'win' post with your previous thread so that others can see the progress which led to the eventual win.

Hope you're happy with the results and this works well for your plans.

Please use the PRICELINE and HOTWIRE links on the board to begin your travel purchases.

Enjoy your stay.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
EXCLUSIVELY at BetterBidding:
$15 OFF

PRICELINE COUPON

(click here) and use

promo code

: EXPLORER15

(Hotel Express Deals in USD $150+ purchase... expires 05/05/2024)
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]