Priceline Hotel: Anchorage Downtown 3.5 Stars on Priceline

rjb
By rjb,
in

What is the most likely hotel we may receive in Anchorage downtown for a 3.5 star hotel and what should we be offering for this? We will be staying around the middle of June.

As far as we can make out, the options would be the Hilton, Sheraton and Marriott Downtown.

Thank you

There is no way to determine which hotel you are most likely to get when bidding on PRICELINE. If you're more comfortable with taking an educated guess as to the hotel you may receive before your purchase then HOTWIRE may be a better (although slightly more expensive) option for this trip.

You can see the hotels reported thru each service in the respective Priceline Hotel List and Hotwire Hotel List.

Once you're ready to commit to a purchase for this trip let us know the actual dates of your stay along with your expected budget and we'll advise accordingly.

Please use these PRICELINE and HOTWIRE links to begin your travel purchases.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

At the 3.5* level you have ONE re-bid zone availale. If you're not familiar with re-bidding please read Priceline Re-Bidding Explained and feel free to ask questions and/or confirm your re-bid zones with the board before proceeding.

I would begin as follows:

Select 3.5* Anchorage Downtown...

Bid $75, if rejected add re-bid zone...

Bid $85

If the above is rejected i'd try again with:

Bid $95, if rejected add re-bid zone...

Bid $100

If the above is rejected i'd try again with:

Bid $105, if rejected add re-bid zone...

Bid $110

I'd then continue to increase your previous days bid by $5 every 24 hours until you reach you reach your maximum of $140

Any questions feel free to ask.

Please use the PRICELINE and HOTWIRE links on the board to begin your travel purchases.

Good luck and let us know how it goes.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...
Bid up to budget without success. Will need to retry later stage

Maybe they are waiting to see closer to that time what fills up. I bet they anticipate to be fairly full.

I live in Alaska and when I travel to Anchorage, I usually use PRICELINE. Although I just recently found this site. You can get 3.5 star hotels easily in the winter because it's not tourist time. Since you will be there during the peak time, plan to spend a little more. Usually we don't go often in the summer, so I can't recall what I've paid during summer months. I would plan on bidding now and gradually increase your bid until you win. Usually you will end up in a hotel downtown. We've won at either the Hilton or the Sheraton most often. There were two times I bid on a 3 star and ended up with the Westmark. It isn't as nice but fine for us. I think it is fine but I've read a lot of reviews of people not being happy, so you might want to stick with 3.5 star. The Westmark does have a restaurant, but the times I've visted they are not open and that's annoying. Most of the 3.5 star hotels are in downtown, so you kind of know what you're getting. A decent hotel near nice restaurants.

Hope this gives you some ideas.

Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
EXCLUSIVELY at BetterBidding:
$15 OFF

PRICELINE COUPON

(click here) and use

promo code

: EXPLORER15

(Hotel Express Deals in USD $150+ purchase... expires 05/05/2024)
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]