Priceline Hotel: Los Angeles - Lawndale?

chiefboyle
By chiefboyle,
in

The Lawndale zone has been around for years. There's nothing in the Hotel List because noone's ever reported winning a hotel in Lawndale. It's not a great area, like Pulp_Fiction said, and people just don't bid there.

Lawndale's main function on PRICELINE is as a free rebid zone. You can use Lawndale to get in more bids for other more desireable zones. Lawndale only has hotels up to 2* so you can add Lawndale to your 2.5* and higher bids in other zones without risk of winning a hotel in Lawndale.

Thanks for your help guys.

I guess this is the key point to remember:

"The way to check what star levels are available in each zone is to open a PRICELINE page, check ONLY the zone you are inquiring about, and then proceed to the next page (as if you were going to select a zone)... this will give you the available star ratings in that area. "

I can see after following this that Lawndale will only allow up to 2*

HOTWIRE and PRICELINE use different rating systems. Hotwire often rates the same hotel a 1/2 star higher than Priceline does, so a 2.5* on Hotwire is often a 2* on Priceline.

I just checked and the highest rating Priceline offers in Lawndale is still 2*. But you're right you should verify star ratings immediately before every bidding session because ratings can change at any time, on both services.

Are you looking for a hotel in Lawndale? If not what are you looking for? If you can give provide some info (dates, budget, needs) maybe someone can offer suggestions.

Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]