Priceline Hotel: Crystal river hotels

collinhack
By collinhack,
in

Hi,

I have a group with 2 adults and 1 child, and 2 more adults, looking at accomodation in Crystal River.

Looks like I can get Holiday Inn Express based on the following assumptions:

1) On Hotwire it shows a 2.5* hotel with fitness centre. This hotel seems to be the only 2.5* in Crystal river, and no others hotels have fitness centres according to tripadvisor. Hotwire allows booking for 2 adults and 1 child in the dropdowns. If I book this hotel am I then guaranteed a room to fit 2+1, or am I still at the mercy of scheduling?

2) On priceline you can book 2.5* in Crystal river via bidding. Via the retail part of priceline, the only 2.5* or better hotel shown in Crystal river is the HIE - does this mean it's almost certain to be the HIE if I win a bid?

So, my plan:

Bid for priceline for the 2 adults. Win bid. Contact hotel and say I have a child and can they give me a room that will fit 2+1. If they can, bid and book a second via priceline. If they say no (and assuming I can book 2+1 with no problems on Hotwire as explained above), then book via hotwire for the other room.

Will all of that likely work out? Any comments? I realise there is a chance the hotwire and priceline bookings will place us in different hotels, but that's ok :-)

Will book via links when I've decided. :-)

Looks like I can get Holiday Inn Express based on the following assumptions:

1) On Hotwire it shows a 2.5* hotel with fitness centre. This hotel seems to be the only 2.5* in Crystal river, and no others hotels have fitness centres according to tripadvisor. Hotwire allows booking for 2 adults and 1 child in the dropdowns. If I book this hotel am I then guaranteed a room to fit 2+1, or am I still at the mercy of scheduling?

HOTWIRE guarantess that the room will accomodate the number of guests you include in your search.
2) On priceline you can book 2.5* in Crystal river via bidding. Via the retail part of priceline, the only 2.5* or better hotel shown in Crystal river is the HIE - does this mean it's almost certain to be the HIE if I win a bid?
The 'name your own price' and 'retail' sections of PRICELINE each use a different universe of hotels... so you could receive a different 2.5* property when you bid on PRICELINE, even if the hotel doesn't appear in the 'retail' side of their site.
Will all of that likely work out? Any comments?
I wouldn't put so much faith in Tripavisor having the most accurate information about whether a hotel has a Fitness center or not, so using this information to determine that the Holiday Inn Express is the only hotel in the area to have a fitness center is a bit of a leap of faith. As well, note the information above about the 'retail' and 'bidding' sides of PRICELINE using a different universe of hotels. There is a lot of overlap, but there are still hotels that participate in one side of the service and not the other, and vice versa.

How much do you intend to save by following your plan above vs. just booking 2 rooms via HOTWIRE? What are the date(s) of your stay?

Thanks for using our PRICELINE and HOTWIRE links to begin your purchases.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

That's the problem I guess - I won't know how much I'm saving until I make the priceline bids, and by then of course, it is too late :-)

However, there only seems to be one 2.5* hotel, so I'm punting that it's the same one for both Hotwire and Priceline, and not a different hotel up or downgraded.

The stay will be for one night on 6th April 2010.

• 1 month later...

Can you please respond to your Hotwire Tampa thread... or are you no longer interested in that stay? (at which point please post as such so that thread can be 'closed' and future users aren't left wondering the end of your story for that stay... just as you're left wondering the end of the story for the stay above :) )

Please use the PRICELINE and HOTWIRE links on the board to begin your travel purchases.

Thanks.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
EXCLUSIVELY at BetterBidding:
10% OFF

PRICELINE COUPON

(click here) and use

promo code

: EASTEREGG

(Hotel and Car Express Deals max $60 discount... expires 03/31/2024)
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]