Priceline Hotel: 4* $140? March 30 - April 5.

mrmajeeka
By mrmajeeka,
in

A truly outstanding site!

Hello there.

The girlfriend and I are going to New York, 3/30 - 5/4, having managed to get a cheap flight. Now all I need is cheap quality accommodation and it will be great as well as an excellent surprise for the girlfriend.

I have seen some marvellous results on here and I want a piece of the action!

I'm in the UK and read on another part of this board that it may be more beneficial to use the .com instead of the .co.uk but I am having difficulty registering as it will not recognise my details due to lack of state and zip code.

Anybody know of a way around this?

Also i'd appreciate some info on whether my $140 (

Welcome to BetterBidding!

In order to use the US version of the site you can try following the advice that many canadians use: PRICELINE CANADA.

We'll be happy to take a look at your dates and current rates, as well as suggest a bidding strategy, but to clairfy, i assume your traveling from March 30 to April 5 (and not May 4th?)

Let us know and we'll take it from there.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

Soory yes it's April 5th.

I followed the advise on Priceline Canada but now I am having a problem with phone number. It tells me to

Please verify the following information to continue.

Please check your Day phone number. All phone numbers must begin with your area code and may not begin with the digit "1".

Please check your Night phone number. All phone numbers must begin with your area code and may not begin with the digit "1".

Thanks for the quick response.

Are the so called benefits worth the little extra hassle...any answers welcome as I would like to know personally? I'm not quite sure if anyone knows for sure if there are significant benefits of PL US over PL UK. (apart from the add a night feature...maybe others will add to this). From a financial point of view are there really any benefits? I guess it would be hard to establish b/c of varying inventory/ prices and exchange rates.

Other people have other reasons for registering on multiple PL's but If its solely for getting a good price : give PL UK a bash. My experience is that it doesn't vary much from the winning prices from PL.com. As thereuare put in one previous post he would not take the extra risk (albeit very small) just to save $4 ...or something similar :) .

Was your maximum budget before or after tax and fees? If before tax you should be fine for a 4* I think if after tax and fees you would probably be ok too but obviously that depends on how busy the hotels are then. The experts would probably advice you better on this.

Good Luck with your bid

You didn't mention which zone(s) your willing to accept, but i assumed it was the same as most visitors who choose MTE, MTW, UM/CPS. If one of these is not acceptable post back and we'll revise accordingly.

At the 4* level you have two re-bid zones, if you're not familiar with re-bidding please read PRICELINE REBIDDING and ask any questions that you may have and/or confirm your re-bid zones with the board.

Under $140 may be tough based upon current rates (this can change between now and your stay), but this is what i would try which would cover all your bases (and if you follow it exactly none will be viewed as duplicate bids):

Select 4* MTW and...

Bid $105, if rejected add MTE and...

Bid $110, if rejected add re-bid zone1 and...

Bid $115, if rejected add re-bid zone2 and...

Bid $120.

If rejected close that browser and re-access Priceline however you did previously.

Select UM/CPS and...

Bid $110, if rejected add re-bid zone1 and...

Bid $120, if rejected add re-bid zone2 and...

Bdi $120.

If rejected close that browser and re-access Priceline however you did previously.

Select MTE, MTW, and UM/CPS

Bid $125, if rejected add re-bid zone1 and...

Bid $130, if rejected close that browser and re-access Priceline however you did previously.

Select MTE, MTW, UM/CPS, and re-bid zone2...

Bid $135, if rejected add re-bid zone1 and...

Bid $140.

Any questions feel free to ask.

Good Luck and let us know how it goes.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

Given current rates i thought $140 may have been a bit tough.

Nobody knows if rates will go up or down between now and then... all you can do is monitor rates and perhaps try again.

Do you have any back-up reservation yet? (if so, where and how much) If not successful with Priceline, what is your gameplan? Would you rather raise your limit for a 4*, lower your star rating, or book thru some other source?

It's still early so i wouldn't abandon hope at this point, but i would definately start thinking/considering/making contingency plans.

Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
EXCLUSIVELY at BetterBidding:
$15 OFF

PRICELINE COUPON

(click here) and use

promo code

: EXPLORER15

(Hotel Express Deals in USD $150+ purchase... expires 05/05/2024)
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]