Hotwire Hotel: 2.5* Ft Lauderdale (Miramar-Pembroke Pines) El Palacio Sports

birdies.wanted
By birdies.wanted,
in

I will definitely use the link if I decide to book. I'm thinking the property is the Grand Palms Hotel and Golf Resort, but that's just an educated guess. There's references in the TA reviews to having gotten reservations through Hotwire. Has a 3.5 rating on both sites. However it's listed as a 3* on TA and a 2.5* on Hotwire. Is it common for the star ratings to be different?

Another thing that gives me pause is Hotwire shows a $5 per day resort fee, and I can't find anything anywhere that mentions such a fee at the Grand Palms.

The place gets mixed reviews, but looks like it would be ok for my purposes. Most of the bad reviews are older and it looks like they've renovated at least a little recently. I'm going for a relative's wedding and they've blocked rooms at a nearby Holiday Inn for $89, so I've got that to fall back on if necessary. I was thinking of maybe doing 1 night through Hotwire first to identify the place for sure, and then the other 4 nights separately if I was happy with the result. Any caveats you can think of to this approach?

Thanks for the great site!

If you decide to book one night to see what it is then book the remainder, make sure what appears to be the same listing is showing for both the first night and then the last four nights separately. The star ratings may be different, and tripadvisor ratings are not always accurate - I'd rather recommend looking on a few other travel sites (Orbitz, Expedia, Travelocity) for star rating research. Booking one night then booking the other four nights may result a slightly higher fee overall, but I think the difference for the fee for two separate bookings vs. one booking is going to be slight at best.

If you do decide to book the HI, I would try coupon codes FABSAVE10 or WELCOME10 on Orbitz, to see if either of those will take 10% off the HI, or please use the Holiday Inn link in the site's support section if you book directly.

Thank you for using the site's PRICELINE or HOTWIRE links to start your purchases and searches, and please do let us know what you decide. Thanks. :)

Thanks for the input AaronJB.

I had myself 99.9% convinced that this was the Grand Palms Golf and Spa Resort so I booked it. Was going to book just one night to ID for sure but decided against it. Turned out to be the El Palacio Sports Hotel and Conference Center, Miami. It's that .1% that will get you every time.

Location isn't very convenient to where we'll be spending the majority of our time, but we'll make do. I don't really mind, I can stay most anywhere. Just hope the wife and daughter don't disown me. :)

Amenity list is in the first post. One additional note is a bed choice was given - $3 additional per night for a king, $1 additional per night for 2 doubles.

Used the BetterBidding HOTWIRE link at the top of the page. Thanks for a great site!

Sorry to hear that this property won't be convenient to where you're going to be, but does look like a nice deal and glad you will be able to make it work for your plans. Thank you for letting us know about this new HOTWIRE property to add to the site's Hotwire Hotel List for the state, as well.

Thank you for sharing your win with the board and using the site's HOTWIRE link.

Enjoy your stay.

Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]