Priceline Hotel: 4* Philadelphia (Downtown) Hyatt Penns Landing

sperra869
By sperra869,
in

$45.00 bid accepted for 5 nights March 28 through April 2, 2005

Two weeks ago, some friends selected a 4 star waterfront hotel with a restaurant, pool, gym, and business center for $67.00 per night on Hotwire. It turned out to be the Sheraton Society Hill. For two weeks, I waited patiently, hoping Hotwire would repost this listing again. I thought I had missed out on a great deal.

In the meantime, i discovered this website and all the helpful hints posted by so many great people willing to share info...after reading through the info shared, I thought I had a good shot at ending up at the Hyatt for $45.00 a night through a bid on Priceline. Your posts also clued me into the idea that the Hyatt is "across" the highway from the Sheraton...I called the concierge desks at both places to confirm this and both indicated that yes, there is some sort of pedestrian walkway bridge thingy between the the two hotels. I decided to take the plunge and indeed got the Hyatt for the $45.00 bid.

Also, on Hotwire, if you match the 4 stars with the featured amenities and waterfront/downtown location, Hotwire is listing this Hyatt (or something darn similar) for $83.00 per night

Although not in the same hotel as my traveling companions, I am trusting I can "put up" with the extra walk in exchange for the $22.00 per night savings! More cash for shopping and great restaurants! Besides the convention, I am looking forward to seeing some of the historic sights, the Rodin Museum, the Dali Exhibition at the Museum of Art as well as the Maurice Sendak Collection at the Rosenbach. I don't think I'll be at the Hyatt for much more than sleeping <grin>

Thanks to all for sharing info and experiences - - I'll post again to this thread after returning home in April with a report on the stay at the Hyatt.

I also posted my Priceline bid through the savingsbarn web page.

Congratulations on your win... one of the better values in the priceline system (imo) and a targeted deal wheni n the philadelphia area.

Sounds like you have a great trip planned, and now some extra money to spend there too! Glad you were able to use the information here to your advantage and get such a great deal... we love hearing success stories such as yours!

Thanks again for posting your own winning info and for placing your bid thru the SavingsBarn.com site.

Have a great stay.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
EXCLUSIVELY at BetterBidding:
$15 OFF

PRICELINE COUPON

(click here) and use

promo code

: EXPLORER15

(Hotel Express Deals in USD $150+ purchase... expires 05/05/2024)
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]