Priceline Hotel: 3* Flagstaff-Sedona (Flagstaff) Courtyard

sach
By sach,
in

Hi all,

Great website / forum you've got going here!

I'll be passing through Flagstaff on 18th April for 1 night, and was hoping to get a room at the Courtyard Marriott which is available via PRICELINE.

I've seen here that there appear to be a few recent wins for around $60-$70 at this hotel. From your experience, is this hotel the cheapest of the 3* hotels in Flagstaff, and if so, how would I best approach my bidding to secure it for a good rate? Are there any risks of other hotels falling into the same price category and if so, which ones are they likely to be so I can research if I'd be happy to stay at them before making a bid.

Any help or advice is very much appreciated.

Kind regards

Sach

Enter "Flagstaff" up in that Quick Search box on top, and you will get all the postings on Flagstaff hotels. You will see the Courtyard is one of the more common PRICELINE wins, but there are indeed others. No guarantee as to which one you might get. You can follow up on the other hotels in the Hotel Review area to learn what other posters think of them.

Also, you can look at the Priceline and Hotwire Calendar of Wins for your date and see others' results.

You've got lots of time, so certainly can explore the lower bid levels.

Romelle

In addition to the above search options, you can also see the hotels reported to the board in this zone in the Priceline Hotel List.

Let us know how you'd like to proceed and we'll take it from there.

Please use these PRICELINE and HOTWIRE links to begin your travel purchases.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

• 3 weeks later...

Hi, I went to make a bid yesterday on priceline.com but I couldnt as it was requesting a US address without the option for a UK address. When trying the UK site, the hotel listings appeared to be quite different and the Courtyard Marriott didnt appear as an option via the normal (not auction) site.

Can anyone suggest a way around this? Can I put down any US address to allow me to bid?

Thanks for any advice in advance.

Sach

Great - thanks for the advice. I have made a few bids over the past few days, but no joy as yet up to a $55 bid. I think it may be down to my dates being a little too far in the future (18th April), so I'll wait a while and try closer to the date. I've made sure I use your PRICELINE links every time I've bid :)

I'll make sure I post back if/when I get a deal.

• 2 weeks later...

I'm not sure what I'm doing wrong? I've tried up to $57 plus taxes for the night of 18th April, and keep getting rejected... I've seen people here get much better deals tho... Could it be that I'm over 1 month away as most people seem to be getting better deals within 1 month of their booking date? Is there a general rule of thumb that says best prices can be obtained within X weeks of the booking date or something?

Thanks

I'm guessing that it is still early... rates aren't too high for this particular nite, and if you search the board for wins (enter "Flagstaff" without the quotes into the QUICK SEARCH box in the blue banner at the top of the page) you'll see that there have not been any wins reported for dates after March. I'd try to be a little patient with this one and perhaps book a cancellable back-up in the meantime.

Are there spring training games in this area?

Please use the PRICELINE and HOTWIRE links on the board to begin your travel purchases.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

• 2 weeks later...

After trying for a few days without success, and then having a break, I tried again just now and have managed to secure the Courtyard Marriott for $52 plus taxes ($13.27), so $65.27 in total which is great news.

Thanks for all the help on here. I definitely clicked through your PRICELINE link plenty of times, so I hope that goes some way to repaying you for the help and advice :) Can someone update this thread to show the win? The date is 18 April 2010.

Congratulations on your success!

Glad to see you didn't chase this and were successful at a rate lower than some of your previously rejected bids!

Happy to see you're pleased with the outcome and this will work well for your plans.

Thank you for sharing your win with the board and using our PRICELINE link to begin your bidding.

Enjoy your stay.

Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
EXCLUSIVELY at BetterBidding:
$15 OFF

PRICELINE COUPON

(click here) and use

promo code

: EXPLORER15

(Hotel Express Deals in USD $150+ purchase... expires 05/05/2024)
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]