CA San Francisco Mark Twain USW

zbenye
By zbenye,
in

I read bad reviews of this hotel on Trip Advisor and Travelocity, so arrived with few expectations. I am happy to report that this is a prefectly nice hotel, situated across the street from the Hilton.

The room was plenty large (about 250sf including the bathroom) - as large as at the Grant Hyatt. It had a comfortable queen bed, small desk and a couple of chairs, a dresser, two night stands. Iron and board and a safe were found in the closet. The room was very well lit, and also had many windows that let sunlight in.

There were a TV with less than ten channels (but included CNN), a coffee maker and a small refrigerator.

A good-size bathroom with soap, shampoo, hair dryer. Only complaint is scalding hot water in the shower whenever anyone in the building flushed their toilet. A distinct noise in the pipes provided a split-second warning of impending temperature change...

No air-conditioning. There was a hot-water radiator that did not heat enough. The blanket and comforter did not suffice; I was a bit cold at night.

There was no street noise at all (I was on the 8th floor). I couldn't hear any noises from adjacent rooms. They may have been vacant. Inconsiderate guests could be heard talking loudly in the corridor, coming and going at late hours.

One phone/phone line. $.75 calls.

Wireless high-speed Internet available for $5/hour, $9/day, $30/month.

The hotel does not have parking, but there are garages and lots around.

I did not visit the on-premises restaurant.

The front-desk staff was cordial.

No additional taxes on checkout.

Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
EXCLUSIVELY at BetterBidding:
$15 OFF

PRICELINE COUPON

(click here) and use

promo code

: EXPLORER15

(Hotel Express Deals in USD $150+ purchase... expires 05/05/2024)
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]