Priceline Hotel: 4* Seattle (Downtown-Pike Place) Westin

penny waltz
By penny waltz,
in

for 4* tried $60, $62, $65 and for 3* $60, $65.. all failed. Keep saying they want me to add $17.

I ended up trying $69 for 2 nights and got approved at the 4* hotel.

This is my first time doing a priceline bid. Is there a general rule of thumb to see how advanced one should bid to get a good deal (i.e a month in advanced, less than 1 month)? I saw a few people got $60-$65 for the same area.

Using Priceline for the Best Hotel Deals!

Welcome to BetterBidding and congratulations on your success!

Thank you for sharing your result with the board!

Enjoy your stay.

Please use the site's HOTWIRE and PRICELINE links to start future purchases.

Yellowdog.

Is there a general rule of thumb to see how advanced one should bid to get a good deal (i.e a month in advanced, less than 1 month)? I saw a few people got $60-$65 for the same area.

Rates are date specific. So you can't really compare by looking at old posts. Everything is about supply and demand.

Take a look at this link: Should i Bid Early or Close to Arrival Date

From what I understand, you can give them your rewards card at the desk for incidentals, but you don't get points for the room.

You got a GREAT price! We stayed at the Westin last summer, with a room through PRICELINE. The front desk was very nice and gave us a Space Needle view upon request. Valet parking is $38 per 24 hour period. There is a parking garage just north of the Westin that is connected by skywalk. It was very convenient and only $18 for the same time period, with in and out privileges. The doorman of the Westin told us about it.

Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
EXCLUSIVELY at BetterBidding:
$15 OFF

PRICELINE COUPON

(click here) and use

promo code

: EXPLORER15

(Hotel Express Deals in USD $150+ purchase... expires 05/05/2024)
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]