Hotwire Hotel: 4* Seattle (Downtown) Westin

davetroy
By davetroy,
in

You were so helpful with my New York trip, I thought I'd try again with my Seattle trip this summer. I'm looking for a room for four nights, August 15-19. Again, I'm afraid that I might be checking too early (what do you think?), but here's what I came up with at Hotwire. Some of these don't seem to match your Seattle Hotwire list. All hotels are for Downtown-Pike Place

4 1/2 stars, Customer Favorite, Selected amenities include: Restaurant(s), Fitness Center. $159

4 stars, Customer Favorite, Selected amenities include: Restaurant(s), Pool(s), Fitness Center, Business Center. $166 (is this the Westin? If so, it's only $13 off the online rate).

3 1/2 stars, Selected amenities include: Boutique Hotel, Restaurant(s). $141

3 stars, Selected amenities include: Boutique Hotel, High-Speed Internet Access. $118.

None of these sound like such great bargains, which is why I'm questioning whether I'm too early with my search.

Thanks again,

Dave

Is there a property you are trying to target or avoid?

If not, i think Priceline will likely be less expensive than any of the 3.5*+ hotels above. I have experience bidding this area for almost the same exact dates last year and without having research prices i'd guess a 4* could be had for $110-$130 (but don't start that high... we'll suggest a strategy if this is the route you want to go).

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

I'm willing to try Priceline if you think that's a better route, and I'd love to hear your bidding strategy (as I've never used Priceline before). In the four-star category that you've listed for Priceline, the Vintage Park, Westin and Sheraton all sound find (I think those are the only three you have listed).

By the way, I'm going to be bidding for two rooms for four nights, checking in on August 15 and checking out on August 19th, so that's four nights.

Thanks again for your help,

Dave

As i said above, i would expect this stay to ultimately cost you between $110-$130 for a 4* hotel (August is expensive is Seattle... but the weather is "oh so nice"), so i have put together a strategy that goes up to $130 and goes 'thru' $110 first. If you dont' want to bid this high stop at whatever point you feel comfortable and/or post back with your maximum bid and we'll revise the strategy.

In Seattle you have 7 re-bids when bidding at the 4* level (double check them and/or ask for help if you're unsure on re-bidding which is explained in more detail here: PRICELINE RE-BIDDING.

Select 4* Downtown:

Bid $90, if rejected add re-bid zone and...

Bid $100, if rejected add re-bid zone and...

Bid $105, if rejected add re-bid zone and...

Bid $110, if rejected add re-bid zone and...

Bid $115, if rejected add re-bid zone and...

Bid $120, if rejected add re-bid zone and...

Bid $125, if rejected add re-bid zone and...

Bid $130.

Any questions feel free to ask.

Good Luck and let us know how it goes.

PS- without putting the cart before the horse, once you have a room, i highly recommend and tout whenever i can the half price early bird deal in the lounge at Brasa (high end food at a great price... menu and 'early bird' hours are listed at the bottom of their bar menu at their website above)

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

I did as you suggested and ended up with a price of $120 per room per night at the Westin Seattle, August 15-19. For two rooms, that came to $1,118 with taxes and service fees. Westin's website is currently offering a rate of $179 a night, so I'm pretty pleased with this. Actually, $120 was going to be my final bid. As you suggested, I started at $80 a night, then added an area and went to $90, then added an area and went to $100, then $105, then $110 then $115, and finally $120. I was actually a little surprised when the Westin came up. I had the impression from reading other comments that the Westin wasn't coming up much anymore.

Anyway, thanks again. And I think I'm finished with buying hotel rooms for a while.

Dave

Congratulations on your win... a good deal!

I stayed at this property for my stay last year and liked it very much and have written a detailed REVIEW and have posted a few photos at RealHotelPhotos.com.

I think the best aspects of this property is the view from the rooms, and as i mention in my review above, i recommend getting something on a high floor. If you don't like the first room, offer to wait to check-in until later if you can get something higher/better. The pool/fitness area is nice as well... i sat in the hot tub mostly, but the pool area has a glass roof and sits between the two circular towers.

We were quite pleased with our stay and hope you will be too... it's convenient to many sites in the area.

Enjoy Seattle and thanks for posting.

Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
EXCLUSIVELY at BetterBidding:
$15 OFF

PRICELINE COUPON

(click here) and use

promo code

: EXPLORER15

(Hotel Express Deals in USD $150+ purchase... expires 05/05/2024)
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]