Priceline Hotel: 3* Trumbull-Milford (Trumbul-Shelton) Residence Inn Shelton

Sleepyscribble
By Sleepyscribble,
in

Greetings everyone, I'm new to this forum. I found it while browsing for tips to handle this hotel bidding jazz. I've read all of the suggestions and tips, but I must say using Priceline is still a hard first step for me to take.

I understand some of the tricks to getting an ideal price for a hotel you desire. I'll get to the skinny of it though.

Me and my girlfriend are going on a trip to the Bridgeport, CT area. It will be our first trip togethor away from home, and truthfully the first we've ever booked on our own. Our plan is to go there February 4th, 2010 and checkout on the 8th. Browsing the hotels priceline had listed we would like to get into the Holiday Inn and Conference Center Bridgeport, but any 3 star hotel will be fine for us. Our price range is fair we're willing to spend what it takes, but its very nice to save money.

I hope that covers the information that's needed. We're just looking for a lower end price to bid. Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated, and in general I'm very happy to have stumbled upon this forum.

Thankyou and sorry if I missed any required information.

Welcome to BetterBidding :)

Yes, PRICELINE can be hard to understand in the beginning. But it's not so difficult. And we're here to help you.

This is a good link: I've never used Priceline or Hotwire

If you would like to get help with a bidding strategy so please post your budget for a 3*/night and the zone(s) you're willing to stay in.

If you have any other question so just post.

Please use these PRICELINE and HOTWIRE links to begin your travel purchases.

Yellowdog.

Unfortuantely there are no re-bid zones when bidding for a 3* hotel in Bridgeport.

I would begin by bidding $45 and increase $5 every 24 hours. This will bring you up to your $60 maximum in 3 days time, still enough time to revise should you be rejected at that pricepoint.

Any questions feel free to ask.

Good luck and let us know how it goes.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

Well got my bid in. It was a strange turn of events, but I think overall we are much happier with what happened.

Bid $45 on Bridgeport was not accepted. Plans needed to be made earlier than predetermined so we browsed your reviews for a second place to check off, and decided on the Trumbull-SHelton Area for a 3 star hotel and bid $50. We ended up getting accepted to Residence Inn Fairfield County/Shelton ! This place looks much better than what we were looking to get so overall we were very satisfied. When we have our trip we'll be sure to write a review. THanks so much everyone !

Congratulations on your success!

Glad to hear this worked out well for your and you're happy with the results and deal you received.

Thank you for sharing your results with the board.

Enjoy your stay.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
EXCLUSIVELY at BetterBidding:
$15 OFF

PRICELINE COUPON

(click here) and use

promo code

: EXPLORER15

(Hotel Express Deals in USD $150+ purchase... expires 05/05/2024)
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]