Hotwire Hotel: 4* DC (White House-Capitol Hill) Hyatt Capitol Hill

standingpatti
By standingpatti,
in

When i search HOTWIRE for your dates, 1room/2adults/0children the 4.5* in this zone has the following amenities:

Boutique, Fitness, Restaurant, Business, Internet, Tennis

Are Internet and Tennis icons not showing ion your own HOTWIRE search? If so, are you searching for more than one room or something other than the default 2adults/0children?

Please use these PRICELINE and HOTWIRE links to begin your travel purchases.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

Is this the Hotel Dupont? The rate seems amazing for that hotel if so.

$143

per room per night

4* Dupont Circle - Embassy Row Hotel (0.5 - 2.5 miles from 20001)

amenities: no smoking, fitness, restaurant, business, internet

This rate is for the default search with 2 adults/ 0 children.

If I add 2 children, I don't get this same listing at all.

The Georgetown property has not yet been reported to the board or identified.

The 4* Dupont Circle - Embassy Row Hotel property does appear to be a match for the Dupont Hotel, and that would be my best guess for that one... but if you're only searching for double ocupancy, you could receive a room with only one bed and the hotel may be unable, or unwilling, to give you a room with two beds (or there could be an additional charge to 'upgrade' to a room with two beds) Is this a risk you're willing to take?

Please use these PRICELINE and HOTWIRE links to begin your travel purchases.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

I am so nervous using HOTWIRE I am trying to do a lot of homework!!
Eventually you'll have to take the leap of faith or not.

What is it that you're looking for from this stay?

Please remmeber to use the PRICELINE and HOTWIRE links on the board to begin your searches and purchases.

Eventually you'll have to take the leap of faith or not.

What is it that you're looking for from this stay?

Please remmeber to use the PRICELINE and HOTWIRE links on the board to begin your searches and purchases.

I have a reservation at the Omni Shoreham as a back up, so that is the caliber of hotel I am looking far. THe only thing is does not have is location. Ideally we would be within 1/2 or so walking distance from the Mall.

This last one I looked at seems to be the Hotel Monaco from the pinned list. I was at the check out point but then decided I better post it to be ever more certain.

Any 4* hotel in that price range will be an awesome place to stay; the only worry would be it would end up too far from the Mall and/or a metro stop.

Nerves are understandable, but the deals so far do look good from a pricing standpoint.

One suggestion would be this "Stay 4, Get 2" non-refundable deal from Starwood for the Westin Grand (please use the link below):

Stay 4 nights, get 2 free

For 3/10-16, it's $329 for a room w/2 beds for the first 4, last 2 free = $1316/6 = $219 and change per night. Definitely not a bad deal in DC for a well-reviewed Westin. Plus, given that you are going through the hotel website, I would think you would earn points if you were a member of the Starwood Preferred program and you definitely would be able to select 2 beds.

You could then try to find a deal at another nearby property for the remainder. Given the length of stay, a change of scene/location may be nice. What appears to be the Fairfax is showing for $239 on HOTWIRE for 3/16-20. I'm not seeing that listing when searching for the whole stay.

Thank you for using the site's PRICELINE, HOTWIRE or above Starwood link.

Another option, since this is an extended stay, is to see if (any of) the HOTWIRE property(s) above apper for the first (or last) nite of your stay and then again for the balance. If so, you can purchase the solo nite in order to 'look behind the curtain' and learn the name of the hotel. If you're happy with the purchase of the solo nite go ahead and purchase the remaining nites, if not, make alternate plans for the balance of your stay.

You could also combine this with the idea(s) AaronJB presented above... for instance if you're happy with the Westin offer, where you need to make alternate plans for the last 4 nites of your stay. Try the above, but try splitting the dates as 6nites/4nites (confiming same property appears on both searches)... purchase the last 4 nites first to learn the name of the hotel, if you're happy with the results purchase the remaining 6 nites, if not, use the Stay 4 nites Get 2 nites free promotion to purchase the first 6 nites at the Westin.

Please use the PRICELINE and HOTWIRE links on the board to begin your travel purchases.

• 2 weeks later...

Congratualtions on your success!

Glad to see you are happy with the results and this works well for your plans!

Can you please add a reply to this thread with the amenities shown before your purchase... you can still view this information by going to HOTWIRE and clicking the MY ACCOUNT link near the top right of their home page.

Enjoy your stay.

Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
EXCLUSIVELY at BetterBidding:
$15 OFF

PRICELINE COUPON

(click here) and use

promo code

: EXPLORER15

(Hotel Express Deals in USD $150+ purchase... expires 05/05/2024)
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]