Priceline Hotel: 3.5* Orange County (Disneyland-Orange-Garden Grove) Crowne Plaza

PrisonBull
By PrisonBull,
in

3.5* Orange County (Disneyland-Orange-Garden Grove)

Crowne Plaza Resort Anaheim

$42 ... February 16, 2010 - February 24, 2010

I went straight for the $42 information that others won from this site. Got it on my first bid. I know there is a $12 resort fee but I am OK with that at this price and I plan on using all the amenities it covers.

I am willing to pay the $10 for the mini-fridge but I am thinking a styro cooler might be a better option. Shuttle is every 30 minutes on the :05 & :35.

There is a Target and a Dollar store across the street.

Your Offer Price: $42.00

Number of Rooms: 1

Number of Nights: 8

Subtotal: $336.00

Taxes and Fees: $54.32

Total Charges*: $390.32

I was going to pay ~$1K for 2* hotels on my trip so I am ecstatic to stay in fancier hotels at ~50% of the cost! :)

And as always, I used the BetterBidding PRICELINE link.

Congratulations on your success!

Glad to see you received the hotel you were hoping for and are happy with the results... sounds like it will work quite well for your needs.

Thank you for sharing your win with the board and using our PRICELINE link to begin your bidding.

Enjoy your stay.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

Unless you really want to spend the money for the frig using a cooler will work pretty good. I've done it before. There ice-machines are great there. I bring 3 gallon size ziplock bags fill them with ice about 3/4 of the way full and I've had the bag on the bottom of the cooler last all day. Just my 2 cents.

3.5* Orange County (Disneyland-Orange-Garden Grove)

Crowne Plaza Resort Anaheim

$42 ... February 16, 2010 - February 24, 2010

I went straight for the $42 information that others won from this site. Got it on my first bid. I know there is a $12 resort fee but I am OK with that at this price and I plan on using all the amenities it covers.

I am willing to pay the $10 for the mini-fridge but I am thinking a styro cooler might be a better option. Shuttle is every 30 minutes on the :05 & :35.

There is a Target and a Dollar store across the street.

Your Offer Price: $42.00

Number of Rooms: 1

Number of Nights: 8

Subtotal: $336.00

Taxes and Fees: $54.32

Total Charges*: $390.32

I was going to pay ~$1K for 2* hotels on my trip so I am ecstatic to stay in fancier hotels at ~50% of the cost! :)

And as always, I used the BetterBidding PRICELINE link.

Just curious to know if the $12 resort fee applies to all bookings regardless if they were made with Priceline/Hotwire. I booked one room for four nights through Priceline and noticed the hotels Website rate is $105 USD Plus tax. Would there then be a $12 resort fee ontop of this?

Yes I stayed there 3 times last year and the resort fee of $12.00 is per day and it is applied to each reserved room no matter whether you booked through Priceline, Hotwire, directly through Crown Plaza website or other websites. They also charge a room security deposit of $100 a night for incidentals primarily for smoking in the rooms. They put a hold on your credit card and take it off when you check out. They have a sign posted at the front desk when you check in. That could have possibly changed but when I was there this past November that is how it was.

• 4 weeks later...

Just got back from here.

The bad:

Not within walking distance of Disneyland. Television channels were very limited. Room safe didn't work. Security door lock was falling off. $12 resort fee for everyone regardless of whether you had a car, used a shuttle or the amenities. One time the shuttle was full as they sometimes shared with the Hyatt and Homewood, but another shuttle was added. That's about it.

The good:

Very nice looking lobby. 1 valet, 1 bellhop, 1-2 desk. Great pool, restaurant/bar. A mix between family and business customers as it was near the convention center. Any problem we had with the room was immediately fixed. Housekeeping was fantastic. Target and a dollar store were directly across the street. Lots of eating options nearby. Shuttle was on the :05 + :35

Parking really was no problem. Depending on the time of day we sometimes got parking in the very limited spots in front. There was parking directly behind the hotel but usually you did have to go on a bit of a hike to get a spot. I can see how this would be bad in peak usage.

Overall, I was extremely happy with this property.

Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]