Hotwire Hotel: Some old purchases- fyi

LZE2003
By LZE2003,
in

I just started posting here. I use Hotwire and Priceline a LOT because I often need to stay in hotels for the weekend in the Chicago area. I thought I could post my history for anyone's information, along with brief reactions to each hotel-

- Oct 22-24. Hyatt Regency O'Hare. 4 stars. Airport Shuttle, Restaurant, Pool, Fitness, Business. $69 a night. I was kind of a novice at this point. The hotel was fine, even though the expensive parking was a hassle getting in and out and the vinelike decorations were completely hideous. Nice balcony in our room, however.

- Nov 5-7. Hyatt Regency Woodfield. 4 stars. Restaurant, pool, fitness. $46 a night. Much better value for the price. Similar to O'Hare in amenities but the parking was free! Not very memorable, but I wouldn't mind staying here again.

- Nov 12-14. Radisson Schaumburg. 4 stars. Restaurant, pool, fitness. $46 a night. I was FOOLED, I thought I'd get the Hyatt again. This in no way shape or form is a 4 star hotel. 3 star, fine. But 4 star is a joke. I emailed Hotwire angrily but they didn't care. It's not that the place was seedy- well- yes, it was, if you're expecting a place comparable to the Hyatts and Hiltons usually in this category. Service was slow, room was ugly, building even uglier. Free parking, at least, or else I would have left.

- Dec 3-5. Embassy Suites Lombard-Oak Brook. 3.5 stars. Suite, restaurant, pool, fitness, business. $55 a night. WELL worth the price. I absolutely loved it here. It's so much better than Hyatts or Hiltons, in my honest opinion. I like the atrium set-up, the breakfast is satisfactory, and they gave me a corner suite that was ENORMOUS. We could have had a huge party with the space we had. There were helpful tips about ordering pizza, local restaurants, etc in the room. Little things that you have to pay for at other places were free. Easy to find and great location.

- Dec 12-13. Wyndham Chicago (Wacker category). 4 stars. Fitness, business. $83 a night. I didn't like the atmosphere here. The staff was snobby. It took them forever to check me in because I had made the reservation that same day. I was just there one night and can't really make a thorough stand on it as a whole.

I made my most recent purchase on Priceline, so I'll post that one over there. (It's for this weekend coming up.) Hope this helped someone out!

Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
EXCLUSIVELY at BetterBidding:
$15 OFF

PRICELINE COUPON

(click here) and use

promo code

: EXPLORER15

(Hotel Express Deals in USD $150+ purchase... expires 05/05/2024)
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]