Priceline Hotel: Anyway to make sure I don't get the Marriott

sthomasa
By sthomasa,
in

I'm looking for Oahu, Waikiki for 1-27-10 to 1-31-10.

I see the Waikiki Sheraton (at 100.00) and Hyatt Reg' for (80.00) both as wins. Is there any difference between a low bid and a high bid for the same level of hotel in the same area. If I bid high, could I end up at the lower level hotel.

I see on HOTWIRE what I think is the Sheraton for 124 but the "ocean front" confuses me.

Any ideas?

I always use the BB PRICELINE and HOTWIRE links.

I have used BB every-time I have traveled and the deals are always jaw dropping to my friends and the hotels top notch.

I think I understand the process pretty well but sometimes there are these potential "got ya's". Like having the Waikiki SHeraton (on the beach) and the Marriott Beach (across the major road) in the same 4* area. I have seen both as wins.

Asking you experts, does a higher bid make any difference (same 4* and area). Does what hotel the last bid won mean anything at all? I thought I read they burn one hotels rooms out unless there is a cheaper offer. (Is that only HOTWIREs one 4* hotel at a time?)

See this thread which goes into detail on this subject matter: Don't Bid Higher for a Specific Hotel

If you're trying to target, or avoid, a specific hotel in the zone then HOTWIRE may be a better option. Have you tried searching HOTWIRE to see if you're able to confirm something other than the Marriott appearing?

Please use these PRICELINE and HOTWIRE links to begin your travel purchases.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

Thanks for the link to the discussion. I have always won the hotel I wanted but scared on a family vacation, especially Hawaii where the hotels in Waikiki cheat in their pictures. Nearly all hotels south of Kaiulani show pictures of the hotel that look like they are right on the beach.

Will let you know if I pull the trigger. Don't have air yet.

Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
EXCLUSIVELY at BetterBidding:
$15 OFF

PRICELINE COUPON

(click here) and use

promo code

: EXPLORER15

(Hotel Express Deals in USD $150+ purchase... expires 05/05/2024)
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]