Hotwire Hotel: 4* San Diego (Gaslamp Quarter-Convention Center) Hotel Indigo

workingmom
By workingmom,
in

Hello,

Am going to a conference and need to book accomodations near the convention center: 3 nights, beginning 2/17/10, checkout 2/20/10, 2 adults, preferably no-smoking.

I found on HOTWIRE:

5* for $144/nt with no smoking rooms, gym, restaurant, biz center and internet access

4* for $98/nt with gym, restaurant, internet access

3* for $119/nt with bed choice, shuttle, restaurant, biz center and internet access.

Please help to identify these if possible. THANKS SO MUCH.

~working mom

5* best guess would be U.S. Grant Hotel

4* is a match for Westin Gaslamp Quarter, Hotel Solamar and Indigo. So you should have an open mind for all.

3* My guess here is that the Ramada Inn Suites Gaslamp has got an upgrade to 3*.

Please use the site's HOTWIRE link to start your purchase, and let us know how it goes.

Yellowdog.

THANK YOU.

I will likely check out the 4* ones more closely, before booking and will let you know how it goes. It seems the US Grant may be much farther to walk each day to/from the convention center, and may not be as good of a deal. I didn't realize until now that parking for most hotels will be a pricey $32/night.

• 2 weeks later...

Looks like I waited too long...now I'm getting different choices for my request. Still 3 nights (2/17 -20/10) for 2 adults in Convention Center/Gaslamp Qtr. area.

4 1/2 * Boutique, Non-smoking, weightroom, pool, biz center, restaurant, internet. Recommended in 80% of reviews for $135/nt

4* Boutique, Non-smoking, weightroom, biz center, internet. Recommended in 90% of reviews for $122/nt

Any ideas? Are the Hotel Indigo and Solamar considered Boutique properties now?

And why would one get different choices for 1 adult vs. 2, and with or w/o children?

THANKS again!

Some hotels charge more for double occupancy vs. single occupancy, while some charge for children while others don't charge for children who share a room with adults. Since HOTWIRE only shows the least expensive hotel at each star level in each zone, changing the occupancy can also change the hotel with the lowest rate, which is why you may see different properties offered when changing the occupancy.

The 4.5* above is a match for the Ivy Hotel while the 4* is a match for the Hotel Indigo, so that would be my best guess for each.

Please use the PRICELINE and HOTWIRE links on the board to begin your travel purchases.

Let us know how it goes or if we can be of further help.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
EXCLUSIVELY at BetterBidding:
$10 OFF

PRICELINE COUPON

(click here) and use

promo code

: SAVEMORE

(Hotel Express Deals in USD $100+ purchase... expires 05/19/2024)
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]