Do the STARS align???

Ty Webb
By Ty Webb,
in

When I use the link (always do) to Priceline and check the hotel rates, it shows me a list of hotels and their prices similar to any other travel website. I realize, that I could take anyone of those rooms and get the one I want like I would on Orbitz or Travelocity. They list the hotel name and the price as well as their STAR RATING.

My question is if these STAR RATINGS directly correspond to the "Name Your Own Price" bidding on Priceline?

For example, I go to Cincinnati and stay near the airport quite often. The CVG airport Marriott is listed as 3.5 stars for $109 per night on Priceline. If I was to Name My Own Price and asked for 3.5 stars, would the 3.5 star rating on the Priceline bidding site be the same rating as on the hotel purchase part of their site?

Do the stars directly match up/correspond to the bidding side of the site as they do to the "Shop for Discount Travel" part of the Priceline?

Thanks!!

Ty

They should align, i know of one instance when they did not, as the hotel had recently been upgraded and had not yet been reflected on the 'other' side of their site... a week later the two ratings were aligned.

HOWEVER, note that not all hotels which participate with the "retail" side of PRICELINE also participate with the "name your own price" side of priceline, and vice-versa. The two sides of their service each operate independently of each other, and the hotels you see in the 'retail' section may not be available thru bidding, as well there my be hotels available thru bidding which do not show when you do a 'retail' search.

Hope that helps.

Thanks for using our PRICELINE and HOTWIRE links for your purchases.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
EXCLUSIVELY at BetterBidding:
$15 OFF

PRICELINE COUPON

(click here) and use

promo code

: EXPLORER15

(Hotel Express Deals in USD $150+ purchase... expires 05/05/2024)
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]