Hotwire Hotel: Las Vegas Strip 7/18-7/27

BenK851
By BenK851,
in

Hi, I am looking for a hotel for those dates. But I notice prices go up on the weekends and kill the hotwire deal. What is the best way to book a room for Vegas? I would like it on the strip and 4 in a half to 5 stars. Looking to spend under a 100 dollars a night, but if its the Ventian I may splurge. Thanks Ben.

• 2 months later...

Don't bid each nite individually as you could theoretically only get accepted for every other nite of your stay... and therefore having to change hotels every nite of your stay! As well, your chances of getting accepted at $100 for the weekend dates (at this point in time) are slim.

The ideal situation (from a 'best price' bidding perspective) would be to divide this into 3 separate bids... pre-Fri/Sat nites, Fri/Sat, post-Fri/Sat, but this leaves the possiblity that you would need to change hotels twice during your stay, rather than the once you stated you were willing to do. We'll supply a strategy to following in the next post, based upon if you're willing to risk changing hotels twice based upon your comment above... or if you didn't realize this was a possibility and are still only willing to change once. I'm not overly concerned with the midweek acceptances as they should come easily, but the weekend dates will either require you to bid a little more for those dates or wait until closer to check-in.

The Venetian charges extra (a steep $15 per person per day i think) for over double occupancy. Of course you could not declare the other two people (and not have them go up to the front desk with you at check-in) but i believe the Venetian still checks room keys in order to get pass the guard and go on the elevator. You can swap keys between the four of you during the stay, or after the first day (and/or the 3rd day) tell the front desk you 'lost' a key... they'll deactiviate it and issue you a new one, but then you can at least use the 'dead' keys to get on the elevator and get to the pool area, although they still won't open the door to your room :) . There is always a chance the chamber made will say something, but chances are slim, and leave a couple bucks tip every day and the chances get even less!

Let us know your thoughts and we'll customize a strategy for your needs.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

well, i have gotten away with it every other time in the past so it shouldnt be a problem this time. Now, I dont think the family would be willing to stay in 3 different hotels, it would be to much of an ordeal.

Regarding the Venetian though, if we could stay for the first days Sun-Thurs that would be fine and then stay somewhere else the rest of the days, but I do not want to spend more then 99.00 dollars for those days at the Venetian. Now for the rest of the days would you recommend I wait for a possible coupon for MGM GRAND, MIRAGE, OR TI. Because theres always coupons closer to the date. We do not want to stay at anything less then the hotels I have mentioned. We stayed at the Monte Carlo last year and thought it was nice, but to quiet.

Any other suggestions would be great. Thanks!

Here's the bottom line for this stay (i've just re-read all the threads)...

You want to keep your price under $100/nite, and while this is possible for the midweek nites (but chances are it will take just about that much, not leaving any savings to apply to the other nites), it's not likely going to happen given current rates for the weekend nites. If you stay started on a Friday or ended on a Sunday you could realistically split this bid for just the weeknights and if successful guarantee that you only would change hotels once... but given the weekend dates come in the middle of two midweek stays, there is no way to currently bid this at the 5* level without overbidding for the midtweek dates.

You did mention that you would 'splurge' a little more for the Venetian, but how much more over your $100/nite average (and i'm assuming it is an average?) If you bring your average up to $110 or $120 it may be do-able, but we'd need to know just how much over $100 you're willing to go.

The other option is to just sit tight for a bit as there is a new 5* hotel opening at the end of April (Steve Wynn's new hotel) which may put pressure on the upper tier of properties, bringing rated down a bit for your weekend stay (although some could suggest that some may flock to Vegas to see the 'latest and greatest' hotel... i'm not sure how it will play out)

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

:) I ended up doing a lot of researching and studying and found out that caesars palace has a best rate guarantee. I found the caesers for 18-27 on a website for 162.50 pricematched it to there 240.00ish a night rate and they accepted my amount + gave me 25% back. So the room should have been 2,310.00, i got the room instead for 1095.00 thats with tax. What an unbelievable deal for a great hotel. If anyone needs information, I can help them get the same rate. Thanks!

Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
EXCLUSIVELY at BetterBidding:
$15 OFF

PRICELINE COUPON

(click here) and use

promo code

: EXPLORER15

(Hotel Express Deals in USD $150+ purchase... expires 05/05/2024)
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]