Priceline Hotel: 4* New Orleans (French Quarter) Marriott

Nogard13
By Nogard13,
in

I used the PRICELINE link to search and book my hotel in New Orleans. I had a bit of an issue getting a hotel on my original dates (3/6 - 3/10), having started my bids at $60 and gone as high as $150 for a 4* in the French Quarter. I looked at the normal Priceline rates and, for some reason, Tuesday March 9th is more than twice as expensive as the rest of the stay, including weekend nights.

I finally split my bid and got the first three nights for $65 (tried $60 first and it asked me to pay $72, so I re-bid at $65). I tried bidding for one night for 3/9 - 3/10, and I got as high as $150 again but no-go (I wonder what is going on that night. I googled and couldn't find anything).

Anywho, I started digging through some of the hotel websites and found that the Bourbon Orleans (a 3.5*) has their King rooms for $111 for Tuesday night if you book through their website. My wife and I decided it was worth it so we'll be switching hotels for our last night in New Orleans. I found this odd since Priceline listed the rate for this hotel at $186.00 for that night.

Total price was $228.93 (195 + 33.93 in taxes and fees).

Congratulations on your success!

Nice detective work regarding the rates... glad to see you were successful by SPLITTING YOUR PRICELINE BID and are happy with the deal you received by doing so.

Thank you for sharing your win with the board and using our PRICELINE link to begin your bidding.

Have a great stay.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]