Priceline Hotel: 4* NYC (MTE) Waldorf Astoria

GPS
By GPS,
in

Bid for 3* up to $95 for UM-CPS without success.

(Was trying to come close to my win of $80 for 1/28-2/1 but I noticed rates at Park Central had gone up significantly since I last bid on Monday.)

Tried 4* UM-CPS up to $130 and failed.

Tried 4* MTW up to $130 and failed.

Got the Waldorf Astoria in MTE at $119, after $118 failed.

Cheapest rates for my dates on the hotel website was $249 for a Queen bed.

Users are always happy to see this hotel come up!

Thank you for letting the rest of us know about availability for these dates.

Have a great stay in NYC... if you need any help with your itinerary while you're in town a few of us are local to the area and can help.

Thanks again for sharing.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

I figured that the cheapest way to get to midtown from LGA would be public transit. Since we intend to buy a 1-week unlimited metrocard anyway, I am hoping that we can buy the metrocard at the airport and use it to get to our hotel. Is it possible to buy this card at the airport? If so, where exactly? Does anyone have other suggestions on a cheap transfer? Thanks.

I figured that the cheapest way to get to midtown from LGA would be public transit. Since we intend to buy a 1-week unlimited metrocard anyway, I am hoping that we can buy the metrocard at the airport and use it to get to our hotel. Is it possible to buy this card at the airport? If so, where exactly? Does anyone have other suggestions on a cheap transfer? Thanks.

Since you are going to the Waldorf, let me make this even easier for you.

Do as the instructions say and take the Q33 bus to the subway station (74th/Broadway/Roosevelt Ave) but instead of taking the 7, take the E train which is downstairs. Sit in the first car. Take the E to the first stop in Manhattan which is Lexington Avenue. Get off the subway and take the escalator up. This subway lets you off at 53rd and Lexington. Just walk one block west to Park Avenue and then 3 blocks downtown (toward the Pan Am/Met Life building) to the Waldorf. This is much easier than you taking the 7 to Grand Central. You don't need the hassle of that subway station.

Also, please note that a seven-day metrocard costs $21.

Thanks for the reply, but I am actually staying at Park Central for the first 4 nights, so I am going to Seventh Ave and 56th St.

Is there any difference between taking the M60 bus to Astoria Blvd to get the N train vs taking the Q33 to Roosevelt and taking the R train? It looks the same on the subway map but I cannot tell which ride ends up better. How long should this commute take?

I will take your advice in reverse to go from the Waldorf back to LGA.

To get to Seventh Ave and 56th St, is there any difference between taking the M60 bus to Astoria Blvd to get the N train vs taking the Q33 to Roosevelt and taking the R train? It looks the same on the subway map but I cannot tell which ride ends up better. How long should this commute take?

The N train is probably just a bit faster and gives you a nice skyline view on your way to Manhattan (it's an elevated train when in Queens, so keep in mind you'll need to take some stairs up if you go this route)... but i would probably just take whichever bus came first :)

One other advantage of the N train is that you'd be getting on with only one stop before where you get on, so the train may be a little less crowded than the R.... but i'd still take whichever bus came first.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
EXCLUSIVELY at BetterBidding:
$15 OFF

PRICELINE COUPON

(click here) and use

promo code

: EXPLORER15

(Hotel Express Deals in USD $150+ purchase... expires 05/05/2024)
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]