Priceline Hotel: 4* in New York City in June

savemethemoney
By savemethemoney,
in

Can I get some advice on bidding for a 4* Hotel in NYC in June 05'? I actually need 2 rooms for 4 nights from 6/4 to 6/8. I made several bid attempts on Priceline last evening and finally gave up after maxing out my bid at $200/night in MTW (preferred), MTE, MTS & Uptown Central. Since I've seen several posts indicating much lower rates for a 4* in NYC, I'm trying to figure out if I'm just bidding too early or if that time of year simply dictates a higher rate. Any suggestions? Thanks.

Welcome to BetterBidding!

Your rejection is probably a combination of higher rates for the season and it being too early (Jan/Feb rates are some of the cheapest in NYC). I would not be bidding so high this early (in my opinion). Find yourself a cancellable back-up in the meantime while you continue to try Priceline; no sense in trying every 72 hours at this early, once every 10-14 days should be sufficient.

Just over your $200 mark i did find:

Millenium Broadway at $219/nite.

Millenium UN at $209/nite.

I do believe you should be able to do better as time gets closer, but maybe the above will serve as a good back-up for you "just in case".

Let us know if/how we can be of more help and keep us updated on your progress.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
EXCLUSIVELY at BetterBidding:
$15 OFF

PRICELINE COUPON

(click here) and use

promo code

: EXPLORER15

(Hotel Express Deals in USD $150+ purchase... expires 05/05/2024)
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]