Hotwire Hotel: 5* Prague Mamaison Riverside Hotel Prague

monicajay
By monicajay,
in

Thanks to previous poster I got the Prague Riverside Mamaison Hotel for our upcoming stay. 4 nights @ $92.00 total $418.00 with tx and service.

icons:

Boutique Hotel

Restaurant(s)

Business Center

High-speed Internet Access

Reviews overall are very good so it should be fine and I am happy being right on the river even if it is a bit of a walk to the tourist areas. Not a great deal from Hotwire as the rate is only 80 Euro per night on Mamaison website, which works out to about $450.00, so not the 43% saving Hotwire says I got.

Despite this, I am still satisfied and used the HOTWIRE link from this site as always to make my booking. Now if someone could just pin the Salzburg hotels.

• 3 months later...

I have reserved 4 nights in Prague from May 3rd-7th using HOTWIRE. When I bid the hotel was 5 star, I got the Riverside Mamaison Hotel (win posted on this board as always). I have noticed that it has now been downgraded to a 4.5* . I have scoured the Hotwire website to see if they do anything about this but found nothing.

What is their policy? Anybody have any experience similar and what did Hotwire do?

Thanks in advance.

Hotwire should have contacted you about the downgrade and offered the option of cancelling the reservation or keeping it as is in exchange for hot Dollars which may be used towards a future stay. This happened to me and has been reported on the board by a few members. So far, I have found HOTWIRE's Customer Care to be fair about resolving problems such as this and when amenities shown were not available for my stay.

I would call customer service or send an email. I would start by asking for $200 in hot Dollars but settle for $100. By the way, this hotel is now $119. Good luck and please let the board know of your outcome.

Less than the two hours later they promised I received the following reply:

As a result of this rating change, I have added 60.00 HotDollars to your account.

You can use HotDollars to book any flight, hotel, or Hotwire hot Rate car rental reservation on the Hotwire site. Each one is equivalent to one U.S. dollar in value and is available for one year from the date of issuance;

Seems a bit low, but as I only paid $92.00 per night I guess I can't complain.

Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
EXCLUSIVELY at BetterBidding:
$15 OFF

PRICELINE COUPON

(click here) and use

promo code

: EXPLORER15

(Hotel Express Deals in USD $150+ purchase... expires 05/05/2024)
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]