Priceline Hotel: 4* Fort Lauderdale (Hollywood) Crown Plaza

Malcolmsuperstar
By Malcolmsuperstar,
in

I bid 3 times with 4 star for February 18th to February 20th -- 2nights stay

1st bid $85 Hollywood, Florida

2nd bid $90 Hollywood Fl and Ft Lauderdale Beach

3rd bid increased to $96 with Ft lauderdale Beach, Hollywood Florida, and Pompano Beach

No go! failed to win a 4 star

Hotwire has a 4 star that was $113 advertising on January 16th now january 19th went up to $119 . its "the Crown" (BOOOOOOOO)

The Crown is Bad location and not even close to the beach, you have to walk like Frogger across that crazy traffic to get to the beach. Not worth over $80 per night for any season of the year!

I was praying the whole time i wouldn't get the CRown. Thank god !

Hotels dot com at the last minute next month,, they are pretty good for any stay within the next 3 days.

i did use Better bidding PRICELINE link on this website, please do as it helps this guy pays for this website.

Thanx for using our PRICELINE link when bidding :)

Yes, the chance is big that you will hit the CP if bidding higher in the Hollywood zone. But i like that hotel! Sure you have to cross the street and i like the beach area better there that at the Westin.

If you decide to book outside PRICELINE or HOTWIRE so please check and use our links in the support page for your hotel direct purchases.

Let us know if we can help you with anything.

Good luck.

Yellowdog.

• 2 months later...

we end up staying at the Crown in Hollywood Beach , bid for two nights, had to leave at 11pm first nite,, wife was very sick and drove to Orlando since my folks knew what to do and who to see (the doctor) in Orlando.

Crown re-reimburse my credit card two days later. they did charge us for the first nite. i was quite surprise to see re-reimbursement. its really not a bad hotel and pretty good location. Valet are pretty good, i would give them 5 stars.

we had done name your price on Priceline. I was hoping to get Westin Diplomat when bidding, after seeing the Crown, i would be ok winning this hotel again. Too bad for her sinus infection that weekend that lasted 2 weeks.

i was asked to give an update after 2 months. its a pleasure!

Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
EXCLUSIVELY at BetterBidding:
10% OFF

PRICELINE COUPON

(click here) and use

promo code

: EASTEREGG

(Hotel and Car Express Deals max $60 discount... expires 03/31/2024)
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]