Priceline Hotel: 3* NYC (MSG-Convention) Ramada Plaza New Yorker

Pasayeayea
By Pasayeayea,
in

won NYC 3* MSG $86 Ramada Plaza New Yorker Hotel $86 16-18 Feb 2010

Please share any feedback or experiences, both good and bad, about the hotel.

Cheers!

I hit this place on Priceline a few years back and it remains the single biggest disappointment I've ever had with Priceline.

The place was disgusting and the service was not just indifferent, not just surly, the staff was outwardly HOSTILE toward customers.

Once a beautiful art deco gem the hotel dodged the wrecking ball in the 1990's and barely hanging on.

Only the lower floors are open, the higher floors are still abandoned (G-d knows what kind of animals are living up there,) and the facilities have only the most basic of infrastructure.

They are in such dire financial straights they were cutting back on electricity and the hallways were dark and dangerous.

The worst part is since it's known as a "low budget" hotel it attracts low budget and lower brow customers.

You will unfortunately be sharing time under the same roof with some very skeevy and scary people.

Since they undoubtably pay very low wages they can attract only the lowest quality staff. I saw one staff member in a near fistfight arguement with a customer.

The hotel isn't in the worst of neighborhoods but it sure isn't in the best either...

I thank the Lord I was in there for only one night and since then I avoid any bids whatsoever in that Priceline zone for fear of hitting this place again.

Since you are in there for only a couple nights I actually recommend you take the loss and try again in MTE for the Grand Hyatt for $105 or so. The money you lose on this "win" will be worth it.

I used to advise users to avoid this property, but the hotel has changed dramatically since the renovation and at the moment have no problems recommending this property (for the right price, of course :) )

Please use these PRICELINE and HOTWIRE links to begin your travel purchases.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

Could you please show me a bidding strategy for a win like this.

A hotel for this price close to the subway would be amazing.

I'm open to staying in these areas: CPS, MSG, MTE, MTW, ESB, or Chelsea.

Also willing to move up to 3.5*.

My dates are: 02.20.10 to 02.24.10

My max all-in would be $110

Thanks!

I used to advise users to avoid this property, but the hotel has changed dramatically since the renovation and at the moment have no problems recommending this property (for the right price, of course :) )

Please use these PRICELINE and HOTWIRE links to begin your travel purchases.

Pasayeayea,

Please don't be depressed over TF720's post. It is totally out of date. It must be, because they have totally redone it and going into it is like walking into a fairy tale. It has all the grandeur and opulence in the lobby of the times gone by, and if you ask for a room with a view of the Empire State Building, you will have an amazing view of midtown. We stayed in room 3517 if that helps any.

I read this hotel has received less than glowing reviews here from a while ago before they rennovated, but let me tell you, this place was FABULOUS. Super clean room, terrific bed, beautiful furnishings and a stunning view of the Empire State Building and the Chrysler Building. We have stayed in some 4* hotels thanks to this site, and the difference between those and this was negligible. Plus the location is unbeatable, you are right in the center of Manhattan, and right down from the best pizza place in town (Suprema Pizza). I am thinking of fedexing the cheese calzone right here to San Diego as I am going through withdrawals of the New York atmosphere. It is seriously that good. I have never been happier with a better bidding win.

The only drawback is the bathroom is slightly dated, with old school furnishings, but if you are ok with a regular shower that gives you a good hot stream then you will be happy there.

I hope you get this and didn't get turned away by the last feedback post.

Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]